Sound Devices is an American corporation headquartered in Reedsburg, Wisconsin, with additional offices in Madison, WI and Berlin, Germany. Sound Devices makes professional audio and video equipment. The company was founded in 1998 by Matt Anderson, Jon Tatooles, and Jim Koomar who previously worked for Shure. The company specializes in portable equipment for sound and video recording. Their products have won industry awards and have been used for many well-known films and television programs.
|Industry||Professional audio and video equipment|
In 2018 Sound Devices announced the acquisition of Audio Limited, a UK manufacturer of wireless microphone systems.
- Multi-winner of the prestigious Cinema Audio Society Technical Achievement Award - 744T, 788T, 664, 633, and MixPre-10T (nominated in 2015 for the 970)
- NAMM TEC Award nominee in Outstanding Technical Achievement category (2014) - 970 recorder
- Resolution Magazine Award (2009) - 788T recorder
- 2014 SVC Innovative Product Award (2014) - PIX 270i
- Videomaker Best Products Award (2014) for Best Field Mixer - PIX 240i