|Genres||Hipco, hip hop|
|Members||JB, Shining Man|
The group collaborated with F.A. on the track "Ebola is Real", which became popular in 2014 on Liberian radio, Sky FM. The track is in the HipCo style, and also featured DenG. It became popular on Hott FM and other media outlets throughout Liberia. In August 2014, The Atlantic called the song "...now one of the most popular tracks in Liberia." Soul Fresh was a past member of the Hip Hop Accountability Network (an organization that strengthens copyright laws and establishes minimum play laws in Liberia).
In December 2016, Soul Fresh held their Million Fan Festival on Bernard Beach, bringing in several thousand fans.
In July 2016, during Soul Fresh's tour of China, it was reported that JB and Shinning Man were imprisoned. The duo were reportedly jailed after accessing their Facebook accounts. However, JB refuted reports and described them as false and misleading. They said they had been detained along with other foreign musicians for ten days after a permit issue.
Awards and nominationsEdit
The duo was named Best Group at the Liberian Music Awards in 2014.
- Dopoe, Robin. "Soul Fresh No Longer with Champion Designs". www.liberianobserver.com. Liberian Daily Observer. Retrieved March 16, 2019.
- Beaubien, Jason (October 12, 2014). "Liberian Singers Use The Power Of Music To Raise Ebola Awareness". www.kunr.org. KUNR. Retrieved March 16, 2019.
- Blair, Susie (September 2, 2014). "Liberia's hottest hip-hop station has all the latest Ebola music and news". www.pri.org. PRI. Retrieved March 16, 2019.
- Friedman, Uri (August 25, 2014). "How to Make a Hit Song About Ebola". www.theatlantic.com. The Atlantic. Retrieved March 16, 2019.
- Glencorse, Blair (9 January 2014). "Hip Co Festival: How Liberia's music industry is building accountability". One. Retrieved 26 August 2014.
- "8 musicians you've never heard of who are changing lives all over the world". www.globalcitizen.org. Global Citizen. September 3, 2014. Retrieved March 16, 2019.
- Bropleh, Tete (December 15, 2016). "International Artist Black Diamond Attacked During Soul Fresh Festival". www.liberianobserver.com. Liberian Daily Observer. Retrieved March 16, 2019.
- info needed
- Peter King (26 June 2016). "Developing News: SoulFresh alledgedly arrested in China for FACEBOOK ?". Retrieved 17 February 2019.
- Dopoe Jr., Robin (July 14, 2016). "Liberia: Music Group Soul Fresh Denies Being Jailed". www.allafrica.com. Daily Observer. Retrieved March 16, 2019.
- Momo, James (December 27, 2018). "Liberian Entertainment Awards 2019: Full list of nominees". www.musicliberia.com. Music Liberia. Retrieved March 16, 2019.