Soufiane El Bakkali
El Bakkali at the 2016 Olympics
|Born||7 January 1996|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||62 kg (137 lb)|
|Event(s)||1500–5000 m, steeplechase|
|Coached by||Karim Tlemcani|
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||1500 m – 3:45.36 (2015)|
3000 m – 7:49.68 (2016)
3000 mS – 7:58.15 ( Monaco 2018)
5000 m – 13:47.76 (2014)
At age eighteen he placed fourth at the 2014 World Junior Championships in Athletics, then made his senior debut at the 2014 African Championships in Athletics, taking tenth at the 3000 metres steeplechase. He also competed in cross country running and was 18th as a junior at the 2015 IAAF World Cross Country Championships. He gained selection for Morocco at the 2016 Summer Olympics after a personal best of 8:14.41 minutes to take fourth at the Herculis meeting.
|2014||World Junior Championships||Eugene, United States||4th||3000 m s'chase||8:34.98|
|African Championships||Marrakesh, Morocco||10th||3000 m s'chase||8:59.66|
|2015||World Cross Country Championships||Guiyang, China||18th||Junior race||24:46|
|7th||Junior race||139 pts|
|2016||Olympic Games||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil||4th||3000 m s'chase||8:14.35|
|2017||World Championships||London, United Kingdom||2nd||3000 m s'chase||8:14.49|
|2018||Mediterranean Games||Tarragona, Spain||1st||3000 m s'chase||8:20.97|
|African Championships||Asaba, Nigeria||2nd||3000 m s'chase||8:28.01|
|2019||African Games||Rabat, Morocco||3rd||3000 m s'chase||8:19.45|
|World Championships||Doha, Qatar||3rd||3000 m s'chase||8:03.76|
- Soufiane El Bakkali. Rio2016. Retrieved on 19 August 2016.
- Soufiane Elbakkali. nbcolympics.com
- Soufiane El Bakkali. All-Athletics. Retrieved on 19 August 2016.
- 2014 African Championships in Athletics Results. Marrakech2014. Retrieved on 19 August 2016.
- Soufiane El Bakkali. IAAF. Retrieved on 19 August 2016.
- 3000 Metres Steeplechase men Herculis MONACO Monaco (Stade Louis II), MONACO 15 JUL 2016. IAAF. Retrieved on 19 August 2016.