Sonya Kilkenny (born 15 May 1969) is an Australian politician. She has been a Labor Party member of the Victorian Legislative Assembly since November 2014, representing the electoral district of Carrum. In 2018, Kilkenny was re-elected for a second term.
Kilkenny in 2018
|Parliamentary Secretary for Early Childhood Education|
|Assumed office |
29 November 2018
|Member of the Victorian Legislative Assembly for Carrum |
Elections: 2014, 2018
|Assumed office |
29 November 2014
|Preceded by||Donna Bauer|
|Born||15 May 1969|
|Political party||Labor Party|
|Alma mater||University of New South Wales|
University of Melbourne
She is a member of the Legislative branch of the Government of Victoria and a lower house MP in the Parliament of Victoria. Kilkenny currently sits on the Scrutiny of Acts and Regulations Committee and is an Acting Speaker in the Legislative Assembly.
On 29 November 2018, Kilkenny was appointed Parliamentary Secretary for Early Childhood Education.
Kilkenny was born in Sydney, and attended schools in Hong Kong and the United States before returning to Australia. She graduated from the University of New South Wales with a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws, and later with a Master of Laws from the University of Melbourne. She has worked as a legal officer or lawyer for organisations such as the Kimberley Land Council and the Australian Children's Television Foundation, and served on the boards of the Back to Back Theatre company and the National Theatre in St Kilda. Just prior to her election, she was head of the legal dispute resolution team at the ANZ Banking Group. Sonya has lived in the Carrum Electorate for over 10 years.
- "Carrum Results". ABC News. Retrieved 6 December 2014.
- "Members: Sonya Kilkenny (Carrum)". People in Parliament. Parliament of Victoria. Retrieved 2 July 2017.
- "ANMT Annual Report 2013" (PDF). nationaltheatre.org.au. Australian National Memorial Theatre. Archived from the original (PDF) on 5 March 2015. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Sonya Kilkenny / Labor / Carrum". UNIPOLLWATCH. 10 November 2014. Archived from the original on 7 December 2014. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- Sonya Kilkenny on Facebook
- Sonya Kilkenny on Twitter
- Parliamentary voting record of Sonya Kilkenny at Victorian Parliament Tracker
|Victorian Legislative Assembly|
| Member for Carrum