Sony Financial Holdings
Sony Financial Holdings Inc. (ソニーフィナンシャルホールディングス株式会社, Sonī Finansharu Hōrudingusu Kabushiki-gaisha), founded on 1 April 2004, is a holding company for Sony's financial services business and headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. It operates various businesses, including both life and non-life insurances, online banking, credit card settlement, nursing care, and venture capital.
|Founded||1 April 2004|
|Headquarters||Ōtemachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, Japan|
|Shigeru Ishii (President)|
|Total assets||¥ 14.5 trillion|
On May 19, 2020, Sony Corporation announced that it will turn Sony Financial Holdings, of which Sony already owns 65.06% of shares, to a wholly owned subsidiary through a tender offer. Sony Financial Holdings has been delisted from the Tokyo Stock Exchange after the takeover process was finalized on July 14, 2020.
- "About Sony Financial Holdings Inc". www.SonyFH.co.jp. Sony Financial Holdings Inc. 21 June 2017. Archived from the original on 22 November 2017. Retrieved 24 October 2017.
- "Sony to take full control of listed financial arm for $3.7 billion". Archived from the original on 4 June 2020. Retrieved 18 July 2020.
Total assets stood at 14.5 trillion yen as of the end of last year.
- "About Our Group | About Us | Sony Financial Holdings". www.sonyfh.co.jp. Retrieved 22 July 2020.
- "Announcement Regarding Commencement of Tender Offer for Shares Etc, of Sony Financial Holdings Inc. (Securities Code: 8729)" (PDF) (Press release). Sony Corporation. 19 May 2020. Retrieved 21 May 2020.
- "Sony completes $3.7bn takeover of financial unit". Nikkei Asian Review. Archived from the original on 17 July 2020. Retrieved 17 July 2020.
- Sony Financial Holdings Inc. (in English)
- Sony Life Insurance Co., Ltd. (in Japanese)
- Sony Assurance Inc. (in Japanese)
- Sony Bank Inc. (in Japanese)
- Sony Lifecare Inc. (in Japanese)
|This article about a Japanese corporation- or company-related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|