Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America (SCA), based in New York City, is a subsidiary of the Japanese conglomerate Sony Corporation. It is the U.S. headquarters of Sony, under which all Sony companies operate in the United States was listed on New York Stock Exchange.
|Sony USA Inc.|
|Traded as||NYSE: SNE|
|Founded||February 15, 1960|
|Headquarters||25 Madison Avenue,|
(President & CEO of Sony Corp.)
(Chairman of Sony Corp.)
It was reported in December of 2016 by multiple news outlets that Sony was considering restructuring its U.S. operations by merging its TV & film business, Sony Pictures Entertainment, with its gaming business, Sony Interactive Entertainment. According to the reports, such a restructuring would have placed Sony Pictures under Sony Interactive's CEO, Andrew House, though House wouldn't have taken over day-to-day operations of the film studio. According to one report, Sony was set to make a final decision on the possibility of the merger of the TV, film, & gaming businesses by the end of its fiscal year in March of the following year (2017). However, judging by Sony's activity in 2017, the rumored merger never materialized.
|Sony Electronics USA Inc.||February 15, 1960||San Diego, California||Sony Corporation of America|
|Sony Entertainment Inc.||2012||New York City, New York|
|Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.||August 7, 1991||Culver City, California||Sony Entertainment|
|Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan||February 10, 1984||Tokyo, Japan||Sony Pictures Entertainment|
|Sony Pictures Motion Picture Group||1998||Culver City, California||Sony Pictures Entertainment|
|Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Inc.||June 1978||Sony Pictures Motion Picture Group|
|Sony Wonder||July 26, 1991||New York City, New York||Sony Pictures Home Entertainment|
|Sony Pictures Television Inc.||November 1948||Culver City, California||Sony Pictures Entertainment|
|Sony Music Entertainment||2008||New York City, New York||Sony Entertainment|
|Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC||1955|
|Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC||November 16, 1993||San Mateo, California||Sony Corporation of America|
|Sony DADC US Inc.||1983||Terre Haute, Indiana|
|Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc.||October 1, 2001||San Mateo, California||Sony Mobile Communications AB|
Notes and referencesEdit
- Detailed Description, Company Overview of Sony Corporation of America Bloomberg
- "Corporate Fact Sheet".
- Aldrich, Rachel (12 December 2016). "Why would Sony merge its gaming and film units?". TheStreet.
- Atkinson, Claire (12 December 2016). "Sony considers merging gaming and film divisions". New York Post.
- Cooke, Chris. "Revamp of Sony's entertainment business could more closely align Sony Music with Sony/ATV | Complete Music Update".
- Our Businesses, Sony Corporation of America
- "Corporate Fact Sheet". Sony Corporation of America. Retrieved 14 December 2009.
- "Outline of Principal Operations". Sony Corporation of America. Retrieved 14 December 2009.
- "Sony Corporation of America Businesses – Operating Companies". Sony Corporation of America. Retrieved 2019-03-12.
- Company Overview of Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc. Bbloomberg
- "Sony to Acquire Optical Archive Inc". Sony Corporation of America. 2015-05-27. Retrieved 2017-12-19.
- "iCyt Mission Technology Renamed Sony Biotechnology" (PDF). Sony Corporation of America. 2012-10-18. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-11-19. Retrieved 2012-10-23.
- Sony Enters the Flow Cytometry Business in Life Science Field by Acquiring iCyt Archived 2010-02-15 at the Wayback Machine
- "Sony acquires Micronics, Inc., US diagnostic device development venture, Acquisition to accelerate development and commercialization of Point of Care diagnostic products". Sony Corporation. 2011-09-28. Retrieved 2012-04-06.