Sons of Kyuss (EP)
Sons of Kyuss is the debut EP by American rock band Kyuss, released in 1990 under the group's original name, Sons of Kyuss. The band released it independently as a vinyl record, pressing only 500 copies. Following this release, the band shortened its name to Kyuss and included these recordings of the songs "Deadly Kiss" and "Black Widow" on their first full-length album, Wretch (1991), while re-recording "Love Has Passed Me By", "Katzenjammer", and "Isolation Desolation" for the album (the latter song's title was shortened to "Isolation").
|Sons of Kyuss|
|Released||April 19, 1990|
|Studio||Headway Studios, Westminster, California|
|Label||Black Highway Music (BH0001), Smash! Productions|
|Producer||Catherine Enny, Ron Krown|
The EP's liner notes credit the writing of all songs to Sons of Kyuss, consisting of John Garcia, Josh Homme, Chris Cockrell, and Brant Bjork. The liner notes of Wretch, on which five of the EP's eight songs appear, give more specific writing credits, with "Deadly Kiss", "Isolation Desolation", and "Black Widow" attributed solely to Homme, while "Love Has Passed Me By" is attributed to Homme and Bjork and "Katzenjammer" to Homme and Cockrell.
|2.||"Window of Souls"||Garcia, Homme, Cockrell, Bjork||4:23|
|3.||"King"||Garcia, Homme, Cockrell, Bjork||3:07|
|5.||"Love Has Passed Me By"||Homme, Bjork||3:14|
|7.||"Happy Birthday"||Garcia, Homme, Cockrell, Bjork||3:50|
Credits adapted from the EP's liner notes.
- Catherine Enny – record producer
- Ron Krown – record producer
- Tracy Longstreth - (Demo Producer)
- J.B. Lawrence – recording engineer
- Michael Mikulka – mixing engineer
- Tim Shean – assistant engineer
- Tom Nunes – assistant engineer
- Merle Schoelkoph – photography
- Debra Hintz – layout
- Morris, Chris (January 15, 1994). "Kyuss Lands on Its Feet and Keeps Climbing". Billboard.
- Sons of Kyuss (EP liner notes). Sons of Kyuss. Burbank, California: Black Highway Music, Smash! Productions. 1990. BH0001.CS1 maint: others (link)
- Wretch (CD liner notes). Kyuss. Burbank, California: Dali Records. 1991. DALi 61256-2.CS1 maint: others (link)