|Occupation||Actress, dancer, model|
Born in Tokyo, Mizuno was raised in Somerset in England. Her father is Japanese, and her mother is of half British and half Argentinian descent. She graduated from the Royal Ballet School before working for several ballet companies including Semperoper Ballet in Dresden, Ballet Ireland, New English Ballet Theatre and Scottish Ballet.
She began modeling at age 20 with Profile Models in London and has modeled for Chanel, Alexander McQueen, Saint Laurent and Louis Vuitton. During 2014 Mizuno appeared in Arthur Pita's work of dance theatre The World's Greatest Show at Greenwich Dance and the Royal Opera House.
Mizuno made her movie debut in Alex Garland's science-fiction thriller Ex Machina in 2015. She appeared in the dance film High Strung, directed by Michael Damian and released in 2016. In 2016, she was the feature dancer in the music video for "Wide Open" by The Chemical Brothers and Beck.
In 2017, Mizuno appeared in a cameo role as the debutante in Disney's live-action adaptation of Beauty and the Beast, and joined the cast of the Warner Bros. film Crazy Rich Asians starring Constance Wu and Michelle Yeoh.
|2012||Venus in Eros||Forest Guard||Film debut|
|2016||La La Land||Caitlin|
|2017||Beauty and the Beast||Debutante|
|2018||Annihilation||Katie / Humanoid|
|TBA||Crazy Rich Asians||Araminta Lee|
- Jamieson, Teddy. "15 for 2015: Sonoya Mizuno". Herald Scotland. Retrieved 5 February 2015.
- SONOYA MIZUNO By JOHN ORTVED, Photography CRAIG MCDEAN
- "Sonoya Mizuno". High Strung Dance Movie. Retrieved 5 February 2015.
- Thomas, Rachel. "'Ladies and gentlemen, how long can they last?': The disturbing 1930s craze of dance marathons". Royal Opera House. Retrieved 5 February 2015.
- ChemicalBrothersVEVO (2016-01-25), The Chemical Brothers - Wide Open (feat. Beck), retrieved 2016-01-27
- Chazelle, Damien; Stone, Emma; Conn, Amiée; Walters, Terry (2016-12-16), La La Land, retrieved 2017-01-17
- Kroll, Justin (2017-04-10). "'Ex Machina' Actress Sonoya Mizuno Joins 'Crazy Rich Asians'". Variety. Retrieved 2017-04-24.