The Sonos One is a smart speaker developed by Sonos, announced on October 4, 2017 and released on October 24. The speaker contains a six-microphone array, allowing use of the virtual assistant Amazon Alexa. In 2018, the smart speaker will also add support for Google Assistant and Apple's AirPlay 2.
|Release date||October 24, 2017|
|Introductory price||$199 / £199 / €229|
|Sound||2 Class-D amplifiers, mid-woofer and tweeter|
|Dimensions||6.4 in × 4.7 in × 4.7 in (16 cm × 12 cm × 12 cm)|
|Weight||4.08 lb (1,850 g)|
The Sonos One features two Class-D amplifiers, a subwoofer, a tweeter, and six far-field microphones.
Running on a 64-bit motherboard, it is equipped with an AC and Ethernet port on the back of the speaker and is capable of 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi connection.
When connected to the network using Ethernet, the speaker can also act as a Sonos BOOST.
The Sonos Controller app mainly controls and sets up the speaker, but can also connect other music services like Spotify, Amazon Music, Pandora Radio, and iHeart Radio through voice interaction. As with its predecessor, the speaker can link with SonosNet, a mesh network to play media for one, some or all speakers regardless of location. The speaker communicates with the companion app and music streaming services through Wi-Fi.
- "Sonos unveils smart speaker with support for multiple voice services". Sonos Press Center. 4 October 2017. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- Welch, Chris (5 October 2017). "The Sonos One is a safe first step towards the company's voice assistant future". The Verge. Vox Media. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- Fingas, Jon (4 October 2017). "Sonos One is the company's first speaker with built-in voice control". Engadget. Oath. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- Hensel, Anna (4 October 2017). "Sonos One Alexa-driven speaker opens for preorders at $199, Google Assistant coming in 2018". VentureBeat. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- Willcox, James K. (4 October 2017). "The Sonos One: Sonos' First Smart Speaker Boasts Alexa". Consumer Reports. Retrieved 12 October 2017.
- Katzmaier, David; Pendlebury, Ty (4 October 2017). "Sonos One speaker blends Alexa, Google Assistant and Siri for $199". CNET. Retrieved 12 October 2017.