This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Öden in 2009
(m. 2002; div. 2011)
Life and careerEdit
Songül Öden was born in Diyarbakır. She had her elementary school, high school and university life in Ankara. During high school days she attended the Theatre of Ankara Sanat and then in Hacettepe University she had part-time vocal training. She graduated from Ankara University, Theatre department. She was also a part of a project which is an adaptation of the poems of Atilla İlhan named Ne Kadınlar Sevdim with Enver Aysever as in writing and dramatization. After a while she left the state theatre and then started to work in İstanbul in TV and theatre.
Songül has been acting on TV since 1999 when she did a TV series entitled Ferhunde Hanımlar. After that, she acted in five other TV series Vasiyet (2001), Havada Bulut (2002), Gümüş (2005–2007), Vazgeç Gönlüm (2008) and Mükemmel Çift (2010). After a project called Havada Bulut adapted from Sait Faik stories, she had a role in a television series drama called Gümüş where she acted side by side with Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ. The series lasted for 2 and a half years and had a record of as the most popular project in the Middle East and the Balkans and also Turkey. Also this television series had been in the first fifty places among the television classics. She had been awarded as an honour with Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ and Susan Sarandon in Muscat Film Festival and also she was a guest of honour at the Cairo Film Festival. (Dallas and Star Trek was also there.)
In 2009, she had her movie called Acı Aşk which is written by Onur Ünlü and in 2011 72. Koğuş which is a work by Orhan Kemal. Acı Aşk ("Bitter Love") in which she co-stars with Halit Ergenç, Cansu Dere and Ezgi Asaroğlu is her first-ever cinematic performance was released on December 18, 2009. She also had been in TV Series called Underground which is produced by Egypt as a guest actress. Songül Öden returned to television in 2011 with the series Umutsuz Ev Kadınları.
Öden had been a part of a project in middle east about disapproval of women and child death in Palestine with eight world star. In 2009 she was declared as Culture and Peace Envoy in Bulgaria.
|2011||Umutsuz Ev Kadınları||Yasemin Anday Kalyoncu|
|2016||Ekşi Elmalar||Türkan Özay|
|2019||Bir Aile Hikayesi||Reyhan|
- Yerma (1993) - Ankara Deneme Stage
- Yasar Ne Yasar Ne Yasamaz (1999–2000) - Trabzon National Theatre
- Birimiz Hep Icin (1999–2000) - Trabzon National Theatre
- Dort Mevsim (2003–2004) - Diyarbakir National Theatre
- Hortlak (2003–2004) - Diyarbakir National Theatre
- Ne Kadinlar Sevdim (2003–2004) - Cisenti Theatre
- Kadinciklar (2007–2008) - Sadri Alisik Theatre
- Keşanlı Ali Destanı (2011) - Sadri Alisik Theatre
- Küçük Adam Ne Oldu Sana? (2012) - Sadri Alisik Theatre
- Kafkas Tebeşir Dairesi (2013) - Sadri Alisik Theatre
- 2008 – 8. Lions Theatre Awards, "Best Lead Actress" (Kadinciklar)
- 2008 – Ismet Kuntay Theatre Awards, "Ismet Kuntay Incentive Award" (Kadinciklar)
- 2011 – Siyaset Magazine Awards, "Special Award of Year"
- 2012 – 18. Altın Objektif Ödül Töreni, "Best Comedy Actress" (Umutsuz Ev Kadınları)
- 2012 – MUSCAT FILM FESTIVAL , "HONOUR AWARD"
- 2012 – QUALITY OF MAGAZINES, ‘BEST ACTRESS AWARD’. (Umutsuz Ev Kadınları)
- 2012 – MGD 18. ALTIN OBJEKTİF AWARD, ‘BEST ACTRESS IN COMEDY TELEVISION SERIES’ (Umutsuz Ev Kadınları)
- 2013 – LIONS THEATRE AWARD, ‘BEST ACTRESS AWARD’ (KÜÇÜK ADAM NE OLDU SANA)
- 2017 – Okan University, "Best Cinema Actress" (Rüzgarda Salınan Nilüfer)
- 2017 – Uçan Süpürge 20, "International Women Movies Festival" "Special Award"
- 2017 – 22nd Sadri Alışık Awards, "Cinema Selection Board Special Award " (Ekşi Elmalar)
- 2017 – Bilkent University, "Best Actress"
- 2017 – Ankara Film Festival, "Best Actress" (Rüzgarda Salınan Nilüfer)
- Songül Ö.: Annem Diyarbakırlı bir beyin kızı...Mirgün C.: Kürt mü? Songül Ö.: Zaza. Babam da Zaza. Annem Bingöl asıllı, babam Diyarbakırlı., "Beş kadının arasında büyüdüm, beş kadının başrolde olduğu bir dizi için antrenmanlıyım", Milliyet, 6 January 2013.