Somnath Adhikari (born 6 January 1951) affectionately known as Pyasi (meaning "thirsty" in Nepali), is a Nepalese politician serving as the 2nd and current Governor of Province No. 1 of Nepal. He is former member of the National Panchayat from 1986 to 1991 and member of Pratinidhi Sabha from 1991 to 1994. He is an active politician of CPN (ML) now CPN (UML) from 1968 and served as the district president of Kaski and later he hold the president post of the party election committee.
Somnath Adhikari 'Pyasi'
सोमनाथ अधिकारी 'प्यासी'
|2nd Governor of Province No. 1|
|Assumed office |
5 November 2019
|President||Bidhya Devi Bhandari|
|Prime Minister||KP Oli|
|Chief Minister||Sher Dhan Rai|
|Preceded by||Govinda Subba|
|Member of National Panchayat|
1986 - 1991
|Member of Pratinidhi Sabha|
1991 - 1994
6 January 1951
Batulechaur, Kaski, Nepal
|Parents||Liladhar Adhikari (father)|
Sabitri Adhikari (mother)
|Alma mater||B.Ed. from Prithivi Narayan Campus|
Pyasi was born in Batulechaur, Kaski district to Liladhar Adhikari and Sabitri Adhikari. He did his secondary education from local government school and later finished his Bachelor degree from Prithivi Narayan Campus, Pokhara.
- "काे हुन् सोमनाथ प्यासी ? पञ्चायत सदस्य, सांसद हुँदै प्रदेश १ प्रमुख सम्म" [Who is Somnath Pyasi?]. Purbeli News (in Nepali). 2019-11-04. Retrieved 2020-06-05.
- "कम्युनिष्ट नेता सोमनाथ अधिकारी (प्यासी) को जीवन यात्रा" [About communist leader Somnath Adhikari Pyasi]. Nepalipatra. Retrieved 2020-06-05.
- "Government picks new governors after sacking Deuba-period appointees". kathmandupost.com. Retrieved 2020-06-04.
- "All seven provinces get new heads". The Himalayan Times. 2019-11-05. Retrieved 2020-06-04.
- "नयाँ प्रदेश प्रमुखको नालीबेली : पूर्वप्रधानपञ्चदेखि विप्लव छाडेकासम्म !" [History of newly appointed provincial governors]. Online Khabar. Retrieved 2020-06-05.