Someone Else Calling You Baby
"Someone Else Calling You Baby" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music artist Luke Bryan. It was released in August 2010 as the third and final single from his 2009 album Doin' My Thing. The song became Bryan's second number one hit on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart in February 2011. Bryan wrote this song with Jeff Stevens.
|"Someone Else Calling You Baby"|
|Single by Luke Bryan|
|from the album Doin' My Thing|
|Released||August 2, 2010|
|Luke Bryan singles chronology|
"Someone Else Calling You Baby" is a moderate uptempo tune mainly accompanied by electric guitar. In it, the male narrator sees his lover in someone else's truck and wonders if she has left him for someone else.
In his review of the album, Michael Sudhalter of Country Standard Time viewed the song positively, saying that it could be a sequel to the relationship described in the album's first single, "Do I." Giving it four stars out of five, Bobby Peacock of Roughstock compared its theme to Rhett Akins' "That Ain't My Truck," and compared Bryan's vocals to those of John Anderson. The song received a "thumbs down" from Janet Goodman of Engine 145, also praising Bryan's vocals and the production but saying that the song's lyrics were in a "straightforward style with no twists."
"Someone Else Calling You Baby" debuted at number 52 on the Hot Country Songs chart dated for the week ending of August 14, 2010 and became Bryan's second number one hit on that chart after "Rain Is a Good Thing". It also debuted at number 100 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart for the week of November 13, 2010.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||56|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||84|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||33|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- "Digital sheet music - Luke Bryan — Someone Else Calling You Baby". Musicnotes.com. Alfred Publishing. Retrieved August 11, 2011.
- Sudhalter, Michael. "Doin' My Thing review". Country Standard Time. Retrieved 24 September 2010.
- Peacock, Bobby (22 September 2010). ""Someone Else Calling You Baby" review". Roughstock. Archived from the original on September 25, 2010. Retrieved 24 September 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Goodman, Janet (23 August 2010). "Luke Bryan — "Someone Else Calling You Baby"". Engine 145. Archived from the original on December 18, 2014. Retrieved 24 September 2010. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Edward Morris (7 August 2010). "Jerrod Niemann's "Lover, Lover" Is Country's Top Song". CMT. Retrieved 24 September 2010.
- "Luke Bryan Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved 2 October 2010.
- "Luke Bryan Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved 2 October 2010.
- "Luke Bryan Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- "Best of 2011: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2011. Retrieved December 10, 2011.
- "American single certifications – Luke Bryan – Someone Else Calling You Baby". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved May 9, 2013. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.