Some People (film)
|Directed by||Clive Donner|
|Produced by||James Archibal|
|Written by||John Eldridge|
|Music by||Ron Grainer|
|Edited by||Fergus McDonell|
Vic Films Productions
|Distributed by||Anglo-Amalgamated Film Distributors (UK)|
The film was shot entirely on location in Bristol with Anneke Willis recalling the crew arrived in Bristol three weeks before shooting to get the feel of Bristol with the boys learning the local accent, riding motorbikes and visiting local dance halls with much of the script being ad-libbed.
Local filming locations were used including the W.D. & H.O. Wills cigarette factory, Royal York Crescent, Clifton Suspension Bridge, the Theatre Royal, the Palace Hotel, Bristol South public baths, the city docks, The Portway and Lockleaze, with Lockleaze School used for much of the interior filming.
Kenneth More agreed to play his role for nothing apart from his expenses because he had no other offers around the time, and the movie was for a good cause: all proceeds were to go to the Duke of Edinburgh's Award Scheme who commissioned the film and the National Playing Fields Association. During filming he began an affair with one of the cast, Angela Douglas, who became his wife.
The film features a test flight of the Bristol 188.
- Kenneth More as Mr. Smith
- Ray Brooks as Johnnie
- Anneke Wills as Anne
- David Andrews as Bill
- Angela Douglas as Terry
- David Hemmings as Bert
- Timothy Nightingale as Tim
- Frankie Dymon Jnr as Jimmy
- Harry H. Corbett as Johnnie's Father
- Fanny Carby as Johnnie's Mother
- Richard Davies as Harper
- Michael Gwynn as Vicar
- Cyril Luckham as Magistrate
- Valerie Mountain dubbed Angela Douglas's singing voice
The film reportedly made a profit, in part because of its low cost.
- "Some People (1962)". BFI. Archived from the original on 20 July 2012.
- Karl Williams. "Some People (1962) - Clive Donner - Synopsis, Characteristics, Moods, Themes and Related". AllMovie.
- Kenneth More, More or Less, Hodder & Staughton, 1978 p 184-185
- Valerie Mountain, Allmusic entry
- Valerie Mountain And The Eagles – Some People Discogs. Retrieved 1 December 2018
- E. A. (19 July 1964). "LOCAL NEWS: BANKHEAD'S BACK, OTHER ITEMS". New York Times. ProQuest 115852896.
|This article about a British musical film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|