Soga Station (蘇我駅, Soga-eki) is a junction railway station located in Chūō-ku, Chiba, Chiba Prefecture, Japan, operated by the East Japan Railway Company (JR East). It is also freight depot for the Japan Freight Railway Company (JR Freight) and the all-freight Keiyō Rinkai Railway Company.
|Location||2 Imai, Chuo-ku, Chiba-shi, Chiba-ken, 260-0834|
|Distance||43.0 km from Tokyo|
|Platforms||3 island platforms|
|Status||Staffed (Midori no Madoguchi )|
|Opened||January 20, 1896.|
Soga Station is the northern terminal station for the Uchibō Line and is 3.8 kilometers from the northern terminus of the Sotobō Line at Chiba Station. It is 43.0 kilometers from the terminus of the Keiyō Line at Tokyo Station. The station is also the starting point of the Keiyō Rinkai Railway's Rinkai Main Line.
Soga is an elevated station with an elevated station building, three island platforms and a total of six passenger lines. Freight lines are located to the side of the first platform, and the Keiyō Rinkai Railway office is located to the side of these. The station is staffed with personnel from both companies. It includes a Midori no Madoguchi staffed ticket office and automatic ticket gates.
|1, 2||■ Uchibō Line||for Chiba, Tokyo|
|■ Sotobō Line||for Chiba, Tokyo|
|■ Keiyō Line||for Chiba, Tokyo|
|3, 4||■ Keiyō Line||for Kaihimmakuhari, Minami-Funabashi, Maihama, Shin-Kiba, and Tokyo|
|5, 6||■ Uchibō Line||for Goi, Kisarazu|
|■ Sotobō Line||for Ōami, Togane, Naruto, Mobara|
- Lines 3 and 4 terminate at this station.
- During the morning rush hour and certain other times, two different trains bound for Tokyo, namely the train connecting to the Sōbu Line Rapid via the Sotobō Line, and the Keiyō Line trains (via Kaihimmakuhari and Shin-Kiba) leave from the same platform (platform 2).
In fiscal 2019, the station was used by an average of 34,189 passengers daily (boarding passengers only).
- Chibadera Station
- Soga Sports Park
- Fukuda Denshi Arena (Soga Stadium) --JEF United Ichihara / Chiba Home Stadium.
- JFE Gymnasium
- Shukutoku University (Chiba Campus, Chiba 2nd Campus)
- Ueno Law Business College
- Chiba Chuo Bus
- Kominato Tetsudō Bus
- Keikyu Bus (Haneda Airport Limousine Bus (same direction as the Kominato Tetsudo Bus))
Media related to Soga Station at Wikimedia Commons
- JR East Station information (in Japanese)