The Social Democratic Party of Kosovo (Albanian: Partia Socialdemokrate e Kosovës, PSD) is a political party in Kosovo. It was established on 10 February 1990 by Kaqusha Jashari, and was the second political party to be established in the newly pluralist Kosovo.
|Founded||10 February 1990|
0 / 120
0 / 38
3 / 994
Presidents of the Social Democratic Party of Kosovo (1990–present)Edit
|#||President||Born–died||Term start||Term end|
|1||Shkëlzen Maliqi||1947–||10 February 1990||1993|
|2||Kaqusha Jashari||1946–||1993||10 April 2008|
|3||Agim Çeku||1960–||10 April 2008||16 January 2013|
|4||Majlinda Nushi||1981–||23 February 2013||9 May 2018|
|5||Shpend Ahmeti||1978–||9 May 2018||15 December 2019|
|6||Dardan Molliqaj||1985–||15 December 2019||Incumbent|
PSD participated in the elections of 2017 in a coalition with PDK, AAK and Nisma, but failed to get any seat in the parliament. The party was represented in parliament by 12 MP's, who all dissolved into the party from the Group of the Independent Deputies, a group of former members of the Vetëvendosje movement. Dardan Sejdiu was the head of the parliamentary group.
In the elections of 2019, PSD participated as part of a coalition with AAK. PSD did not win any seats and many of its members, including Fisnik Ismaili, Dardan Sejdiu, and former president of the party Shpend Ahmeti resigned and left the party.
Political position and ideologyEdit
- Nordsieck, Wolfram (2019). "Kosovo". Parties and Elections in Europe. Archived from the original on 30 December 2020.
- "Kosovo | European Election Watch". Center for Strategic and International Studies. 2019.
- Partia Social Demokrate Archived 21 December 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- "Zyrtare: Dardan Molliqaj kryetar i PSD-së – Indeksonline.net".
- "Partia e Kaqusha Jasharit marrëveshje politike me Grupin e Deputetëve të Pavarur". kallxo.com (in Albanian). 4 May 2018. Retrieved 4 May 2018.