This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
SoBran, Incorporated is an American-based technical and professional services company specializing in high-end counter-terrorism, critical infrastructure protection and security, biomedical research, defense systems engineering and sustainment, and supply chain services.
Number of locations
|Amos Otis, President and CEO|
SoBran employs more than 600 employees – throughout 15 locations in the United States. The company is headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, with major offices in Fairfax, Virginia; Burtonsville, Maryland; and Jacksonville, Florida, - as well as additional field offices providing direct support for federal and commercial clients.
In 1993, SoBran landed its first multi-million dollar contact, with the Publications Distribution Office at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio. By the late 1990s, the company’s portfolio had broadened – expanding its research and engineering services, with its first major IT support contract at Oak Ridge National Laboratory and environmental research support contract with the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
In 2001, its biomedical research services division landed its first of several multi-million dollar contracts with the National Institutes of Health (NIH). By 2005, its supply chain and services division was contracted in multiple locations with the U.S. Navy, the United States Department of Defense and the United States Department of Homeland Security.
The company supports an array of high-profiled customers, including the National Institutes of Health, the Department of Homeland Security, all four branches of the military and the Department of Energy.
- Research Support Specialist -- Bridging Excellence from Cage Side to the Bench Top, ALN Magazine, October, 2008
- Inside the Four Walls, AviationWeek, September, 2008
- Lab Design: High Risk, High Reward, “Building Operation Management”, August, 2008
- Wise Eyes, “HSToday”, June, 2008[permanent dead link]
- Nation Has Few WMD Response Teams in Place, “National Defense”, June, 2008
- Ready for the Unpreditable “APICS Magazine”, April 2008[permanent dead link]
- Understanding – and minimizing – today’s prevalent CBRNE threats, HSDailyWire, March, 2008[permanent dead link]