Sober & Lonely Institute for Contemporary Art
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (December 2014)
The Sober & Lonely Institute for Contemporary Art (S&L) was formed by Lauren von Gogh and Robyn Cook on April 1, 2011. The Institute is currently mobile, with a permanent library (the Sober & Lonely Library for Science Fiction, Feminism and Misc - SLLSFFM) housed in a cupboard in New Doornfontein, Johannesburg, South Africa. The Institute is an extension of Sober & Lonely's artistic practice to create a platform of sharing and engagement between like-minded people and organizations, functioning as a space for research and experimentation and hosting artists in residence.
|Location||Misc, Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Director||Lauren von Gogh & Robyn Cook|
The Sober & Lonely Running Club is an extension of the Institute particularly focused on exploring the artistic possibilities of running, and collaborated in 2012 and 2013 for synchronized runs with the art center Machine Project in Los Angeles, California.
- "Art Map South Africa". artmap.co.za. The Visual Arts Network of South Africa.
- "An Experiment To Test The Destiny Of The World". artsithuba.co.za. Ithuba Arts Fund.
- "Telepathic Drawings From The Imagination Of Your Past Self". vansa.co.za. Visual Arts Network of South Africa.
- Gardini, Genna. "YOU READ MY MIND: An Experiment to Test The Destiny of the World". artsouthafrica.com. Art South Africa.
- "In Residence". watermillcenter.org. The Water Mill Center.
- "24-UURS RESIDENTIES". kunsthuissyb.nl. Kunsthuis SYB.
- "2nd Sober & Lonely Synchronised Running Club Run". machineproject.com. Machine Project.
- "The Inaugural Sober & Lonely Synchronized Running Club Run". machineproject.com. Machine Project.