Snøhetta (Norwegian pronunciation: [ˈsnø̀ːˌhɛtːɑ]) is an international architecture, landscape architecture, interior design and brand design office based in Oslo, Norway and New York City with studios in San Francisco, Innsbruck, Paris, Hong Kong, Adelaide and Stockholm. Founded by Kjetil Trædal Thorsen, Christoph Kapeller and Craig Edward Dykers.
|Founders||Kjetil Trædal Thorsen, Craig Edward Dykers|
Number of locations
|Oslo, New York, Paris, Hong Kong, Adelaide, Innsbruck, and San Francisco|
Number of employees
Snøhetta has received the World Architecture Award for the Bibliotheca Alexandrina and the Oslo Opera House, and the Aga Khan Award for Architecture for the Bibliotheca Alexandrina. Since its completion in 2008, the Oslo Opera House has also been awarded the Mies van der Rohe Award, the EDRA (Environmental Design Research Association) Great Places Award, the European Prize for Urban Public Space, In 2010, through Kjetil Trædal Thorsen’s lead, Snøhetta’s works’ coherence with their environment was awarded the Global Award for Sustainable Architecture, both from an international point of view, for their large scale projects, and at a local, small projects scale.
- Lillehammer Art Museum in Norway (1992)
- Bibliotheca Alexandrina (Library of Alexandria) in Egypt (2002)
- Oslo Opera House (2008)
- Norwegian Embassy in Berlin
- National September 11 Museum at the World Trade Center site in New York, NY
- James B. Hunt Jr. Library at North Carolina State University in Raleigh, NC,
- Ryerson University Student Learning Centre in Toronto (2015)
- Expansion of the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art in San Francisco, CA (2016)
- Lascaux IV International Centre for Cave Art in Montignac, France (2016)
- Calgary Central Library, Calgary, Alberta, Canada (2018)
- Under, underwater restaurant in Lindesnes, Norway.
- Wolfe Center for the Arts at Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, Ohio 
- Charles Library at Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 
- Snøhetta Works. Lars Müller Publishers. 2009. ISBN 978-3-03778-147-0.
- Conditions: Snøhetta : Architecture, Interior, Landscape. Lars Müller Publishers. 2007. ISBN 978-3-03778-118-0.
- Snøhetta: Hus som vil meg hysa, Kjartan Fløgstad, 2004. ISBN 978-8-25216-108-3.
- Owen, David (January 14, 2013). "The Psychology of Space". The New Yorker. Retrieved 29 February 2020.
- "About". snohetta.com. Retrieved 29 February 2020.
- "Aga Khan Award for Architecture 2004". Architecture & Urbanism Magazine. Autumn/Winter 2005 (78/79).
- "European Union Prize - Jury Proceedings". Retrieved 16 October 2015.[permanent dead link]
- Hannema, Kirsten (1 May 2010). "European Prize for Urban Public Space". A10. Archived from the original on 7 March 2016. Retrieved 16 October 2015.
- Contal, Marie-Hélène; Revedin, Jana (October 2011). Sustainable design II, Towards a new ethics for architecture and the city. Paris: Actes Sud. ISBN 978-2-330-00085-1.
- "Global Award for Sustainable Architecture". Cité de l'architecture & du patrimoine. Retrieved 2020-06-08.
- "Ryerson University Student Learning Centre / Zeidler Partnership Architects + Snøhetta". Arch Daily. 2015-08-10. Retrieved 2017-04-01.
Designed by the architectural team of Zeidler and Snøhetta, the Ryerson Student Learning Centre provides the university’s students with an outstanding environment to study, collaborate, and discover.
- John King (2010-07-21). "Snøhetta to design SFMOMA's vast new wing". San Francisco Chronicle. Archived from the original on 2010-07-23.
- "Lascaux IV International Centre for Cave Art". official website. Retrieved 2019-08-17.
- "Lascaux IV: The International Centre for Cave Art". snohetta.com/projects. Retrieved 2019-08-17.
- Rosenfield, Karissa (2014-09-24). "Snøhetta Unveils Final Design for Calgary's New Central Library". ArchDaily. Retrieved 2018-07-30.
- "Europe's first underwater restaurant". CNN. 2017-10-23. Retrieved 2018-04-11.
- "Snohetta's Wolfe Center for the Arts gives Bowling Green State University a new point of pride". Blog.cleveland.com. Retrieved 30 November 2018.
- "Under Construction: Charles Library At Temple University".
- Fløgstad, Kjartan (2004). SNØHETTA Hus som vil meg hysa. Oslo, Norway: Samlaget. ISBN 9788252161083.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Snøhetta (company).|
- Snøhetta Official website
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|