Sir Arthur Acheson, 5th Baronet
Sir Arthur Acheson, 5th Baronet (26 January 1688 – 8 February 1748) was an Irish politician and baronet.
The son of Sir Nicholas Acheson, 4th Baronet, he succeeded to the baronetcy upon the death of his father. In 1728, he was appointed High Sheriff of Armagh. Acheson sat in the Irish House of Commons for Mullingar from 1727 until his death in 1748.
He married Anne Savage in 1715, with whom he had the following children:
- Nicholas Acheson (b. bef. 1716-1717)
- Philip Acheson (b. bef. 1718-1727)
- Archibald Acheson, 1st Viscount Gosford (1718–1790)
- Nicola Acheson (b. 1725)
- Ann Acheson
- Stuart, John (1819). Historical Memoirs of The City of Armagh. Newry: Alexander Wilkinson. p. 557.
- Burkes Irish Family Records p. 410 1976 edition
|Parliament of Ireland|
| Member of Parliament for Mullingar
With: John Rochfort
George Forbes, Viscount Forbes
|Baronetage of Nova Scotia|
|This biography of a baronet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of Ireland (up to 1800) is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|