Snorsio Alston "Sio" Moore (born May 2, 1990) is an American football linebacker who is currently a free agent. He played college football at Connecticut. Moore was drafted by the Oakland Raiders in the third round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He has also played for the Indianapolis Colts, Kansas City Chiefs, Arizona Cardinals, and Houston Texans.
|Born:||May 2, 1990|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||245 lb (111 kg)|
|High school:||Apex (NC)|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 3 / Pick: 66|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Moore was born in Liberia in West Africa, and moved to the West Haven, Connecticut when he was a child. He attended Apex High School in Apex, North Carolina, where he was a letterman in football and track. He played football as a linebacker, running back and fullback. He earned All-area and All-Tri Seven Football League honors as a fullback and linebacker as a senior.
Prior to signing with Connecticut, Moore made a visit to their summer camp in Storrs, Connecticut, where he was timed at 4.54 in the 40-yard dash, 4.41 in the short shuttle, had a 38.5-inch (99 cm) vertical jump, broad jumped 10-foot-2 (3.13 m) and ran the 100-meter dash in 11.1 seconds.
Regarded only as a two-star prospect grade by both Rivals.com and Scout.com, Moore was ranked No. 50 among the nation’s weak-side linebackers. He signed his national letter of intent to attend Connecticut on July 12, 2007.
While attending the University of Connecticut, he played for the Connecticut Huskies football team from 2008 to 2012. During his college career, he totaled 274 tackles, 16 quarterback sacks and four interceptions. Following his senior season in 2012, he was a first-team All-Big East Conference selection and was invited to play in both the East-West Shrine Game and the Senior Bowl.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 1 in
|33 5⁄8 in
|10 1⁄4 in
|4.65 s||1.58 s||2.64 s||4.31 s||7.49 s||38 in
|10 ft 7 in
|All values from NFL Combine|
Moore was selected by the Oakland Raiders in the third round, with the 66th overall pick, of the 2013 NFL Draft. On October 27, 2013, Moore picked up 2 sacks and 5 tackles in a 21-18 win against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Kansas City ChiefsEdit
- Frank, Vincent (April 26, 2013). "Sio Moore: 5 things you need to know about the Connecticut OLB". BleacherReport.com. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- Bryan, Dave (April 12, 2013). "Steelers 2013 Draft – Connecticut LB Sio Moore Scouting Report Profile". SteelersDepot.com. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- "Rivals: Sio Moore". Rivals.com. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- "Connecticut Huskies: Sio Moore". UConnHuskies.com. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Sio Moore". NFL.com. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- Wesseling, Chris (September 4, 2015). "Sio Moore traded by Raiders to Colts for draft pick". NFL.com. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- "Indianapolis Colts make roster moves". Colts.com. October 4, 2016. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- Teicher, Adam (October 7, 2016). "Chiefs turn to veteran Sio Moore in quest for help at LB". ESPN.com. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- Paylor, Terez (November 1, 2016). "Chiefs release Sam Barrington, Sio Moore". KansasCity.com. Retrieved November 2, 2016.
- Urban, Darren (November 22, 2016). "Cardinals add vet LB Sio Moore". Blog.AZCardinals.com.
- Gantt, Darin (June 3, 2017). "Texans sign Sio Moore, and Flipper Anderson's son". ProFootballTalk.NBCSports.com.
- "Transactions: Texans down to 53-man roster". HoustonTexans.com. September 2, 2017. Archived from the original on January 8, 2018.