Sin senos sí hay paraíso
Sin senos sí hay paraíso, also known as Sin tetas sí hay paraíso in Colombia, is a Spanish-language telenovela that premiered on Telemundo on 19 July 2016, and ended on 10 September 2018. The telenovela is created by Gustavo Bolívar, based on the book Sin tetas sí hay paraíso, and in turn is a sequel to Sin senos no hay paraíso, and it is produced by Fox Telecolombia and Telemundo Studios for Telemundo, and distributed by Telemundo Internacional.
|Sin senos sí hay paraíso|
|Created by||Gustavo Bolívar|
|Based on||Sin tetas sí hay paraíso|
by Gustavo Bolívar
|Directed by||Diego Mejía Montes|
|Opening theme||See below|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||240 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer||Consuelo Corrales|
|Editor||Gabriel Gonzalez Balli|
|Running time||44 minutes|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original release||19 July 2016 –|
10 September 2018
|Preceded by||Sin senos no hay paraíso|
|Followed by||El final del paraíso|
The series revolves around a high school student, Catalina Marín (Carolina Gaitán), and her sister Catalina Santana (Carmen Villalobos), two sisters who despite their financial adversities show that it is not necessary to resort to prostitution, drug trafficking and breast surgery in order to live well.
On 9 May 2019, Telemundo announced a spin-off series titled El final del paraíso that premiered on 13 August 2019, and ended on 9 December 2019. The spin-off marks the beginning of a new era of the series.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||90||19 July 2016||28 November 2016|
|2||87||25 July 2017||28 November 2017|
|3||63||12 June 2018||10 September 2018|
Season 1 (2016)Edit
The series begins when Doña Hilda Santana (Catherine Siachoque), who is pregnant, receives the news of the death of her daughter Catalina "La Grande" (Carmen Villalobos), sending her into premature labor with her second daughter, Catalina "La Pequeña" (Carolina Gaitán). When Catalina (Carolina Gaitán) is born, her father Albeiro Marín (Fabián Ríos) and mother Hilda Santana fear she will share her late older sister's fate, as most of the young women in their neighborhood have historically become involved with prostitution and organized crime. In order to protect their daughter, Albeiro and Hilda paint a yellow boundary line outside of their home, forbidding Catalina from crossing it until she turns 18. Catalina then falls in love with a boy named Hernán Darío (Juan Pablo Urrego). After witnessing an attack upon Hernán Darío by Yésica Beltrán's (Majida Issa) bodyguards, Catalina crosses the yellow line to defend him. Hilda and Albeiro intervene to defend their daughter and are apprehended by the bodyguards. Yésica, resentful of Hilda, Albeiro, and Catalina, then orders her men to plant jewelry in Hilda's house in order to incriminate them for a crime they didn't commit. The police, by Yésica's orders, arrest Hernán Darío, Catalina, Dona Hilda, and Albeiro, incarcerating them in different prisons. Catalina is sent to an institution for juvenile girls , where she is beaten and abused by the fellow inmates and guards and nearly drowned under Yésica Beltrán's (Majida Issa) orders. Hernán Darío is beaten and humiliated as well until Yésica and her daughter Daniela (Johanna Fadul) force him to work for them, threatening to hurt his mother, his in-laws and Catalina. Albeiro, along with fellow inmate David, plot to break out of prison in order to escape. Journalist Daniel Cerón helps Catalina and her parents escape, but Hernán Darío, convinced that Catalina is still in prison and in danger, agrees to work for Yésica's daughter Daniela. Daniela, deeply infatuated with Hernán Darío and viciously jealous of his relationship with Catalina, continually attempts to seduce Hernán Darío while he works for her mother.
Season 2 (2017)Edit
The second season tells the story and the return of Catalina Santana (Carmen Villalobos), the eldest daughter of Doña Hilda Santana (Catherine Siachoque). Catalina was hiding for 20 years after allegedly being murdered, but actually worked as a DEA agent. During all the years of her supposed disappearance, she made her life next to Santiago Sanín (Roberto Manrique) a doctor with whom she had two children Mariana (Stephania Duque) and Sebastián (Johan Esteban Díaz). During her return Catalina is trapped in a world of feeling and guilt for her family, since her return would cause great tragedies and dislikes, especially in Albeiro (Fabián Ríos) who was previously her boyfriend, and for whom she will not know if she still feels something and her mother; who left her and cheated with Albeiro. Catalina meets her other sister Catalina Marín Santana (Carolina Gaitán) and her boyfriend Hernán Dario (Juan Pablo Urrego), with whom she joins to end with La Diabla (Majida Issa) and her daughter Daniela (Johanna Fadul), who will do everything possible to destroy the Santana family.
Season 3 (2018)Edit
The time has come to choose the most beautiful girl in the region. The catwalk has become a battlefield. The support of the Marín family towards Catalina La Pequeña (Carolina Gaitán) and Yésica Beltrán (Majida Issa) towards her daughter is immense since she is willing to do anything to see her daughter Daniela (Johanna Fadul) crowned as queen of the region. Yésica, who attends the event in disguise of her sister, has come in contact with the juries and seeks to bribe them to tilt their vote in favor of Daniela. But Catalina La Pequeña one stands out not only for her beauty but for her intelligence. The result of this contest will define the course of their lives. The relationship of Catalina La Pequeña and Hernán Darío (Juan Pablo Urrego) is threatened by Mariana's obsession. She will give birth to a beautiful girl and continue to claim that she is the daughter of Hernán Darío. Catalina La Pequeña doubt of the paternity of Hernán Darío and will do everything in his power to decipher the identity of the true father. It will not be an easy battle and Mariana will do everything possible to snatch the love of her life to Catalina La Pequeña.
On the other hand, the fearsome curse of the witch Abigail materializes. Catalina La Grande (Carmen Villalobos) and her friends know that their daughters are in danger. Adriana, Vanessa's daughter died, as did Martina, Paola's daughter, and now Catalina La Grande will have to redouble her efforts to take care of Mariana, while Ximena will take care of the steps of her daughter, Valentina. In this battle against evil they will have many allies but there is no lack of enemies.
|1||2||3||El final del paraíso|
|Catherine Siachoque||Hilda Santana||Main|
|Fabián Ríos||Albeiro Marín||Main|
|Carolina Gaitán||Catalina Marín||Main|
|Juan Pablo Urrego||Hernán Darío||Main|
|Johanna Fadul||Daniela Barrera||Main||Guest||Does not appear|
||Main||Does not appear|
|Jordana Issa||Does not appear||Recurring[b]||Guest[c]||Does not appear|
|Kimberly Reyes||Does not appear||Guest||Main|
|César Mora||Marcial Barrera||Main||Guest||Does not appear|
|Juan Pablo Llano||Daniel Cerón||Main||Guest||Main|
|Juan Sebastián Calero||Octavio Rangel||Main||Guest||Does not appear|
|Luigi Aicardi||Aníbal Manrique||Main||Does not appear|
|Vicky Hernández||Aurora Banegas||Main||Recurring||Guest||Does not appear|
|Dagoberto Gama||Gato Gordo||Main||Does not appear|
|Gregorio Pernía||Aurelio Jaramillo "El Titi"||Recurring||Main|
|Francisco Bolívar||José Luis Vargas "Jota"||Recurring||Main|
|Carmen Villalobos||Catalina Santana||Guest||Main|
|Roberto Manrique||Santiago Sanín||Does not appear||Main|
|Juan Alfonso Baptista||Martín Cruz||Does not appear||Main||Does not appear|
|Javier Jattin||Tony Campana||Does not appear||Main||Does not appear|
|Juan Pablo Gamboa||Mano Negra||Does not appear||Recurring||Main|
|Mauricio Cujar||Sombra||Does not appear||Main|
|Stephania Duque||Mariana Sanín||Does not appear||Recurring||Main|
|Elianis Garrido||Dayana Muriel||Does not appear||Recurring||Main|
|Estefanía Gómez||Vanessa Salazar||Recurring||Main|
|Linda Baldrich||Natalia||Does not appear||Main|
|Manuel Gómez||Esteban Calvo||Recurring||Main|
|Alejandra Pinzón||Paola Pizarro||Guest||Recurring||Main|
|Martín Karpan||Salvatore Miranda||Does not appear||Main|
|Mauricio Mauad||Moncho||Does not appear||Main|
|Leonardo Acosta||Alfonso Berrio||Does not appear||Main|
|Alejandro Martínez||Roberto Conde||Does not appear||Main|
|Jennifer Arenas||Valentina Fonseca||Recurring|
|Diana Isabel Acevedo||Adriana Salazar||Recurring||Guest||Does not appear|
|Joselyn Gallardo||Martina Pizarro||Recurring||Does not appear|
|Carolina Sepúlveda||Ximena Fonseca||Recurring||Does not appear|
|Marilyn Patiño||Lucía Barrios||Recurring||Does not appear|
|Alejandra Ávila||Celia Morán||Recurring||Does not appear|
|Óscar Salazar||Capitán Pérez||Recurring||Does not appear|
|Jonathan Cabrera||Carlos Mario||Recurring||Does not appear|
|Sain Castro||David Herrera||Recurring||Does not appear|
|Luces Velásquez||Imelda Beltrán||Recurring||Guest||Does not appear|
|José Omar Murillo||Pelambre||Recurring||Guest||Does not appear|
|Luisa Fernanda Giraldo||Paula Bayona||Recurring||Does not appear||Guest||Does not appear|
|Jairo Ordoñez||Mugroso||Recurring||Does not appear|
|Julián Bustamante||Martín Herrera||Recurring||Does not appear|
|Félix Mercado||Franklin||Recurring||Does not appear|
|Julián Beltrán||Pipe||Recurring||Does not appear|
|Luis Fernando Montoya||Medicina||Recurring||Does not appear|
|Miriam Lanzoni||Belén||Recurring||Does not appear|
|Laura García||López||Does not appear||Recurring||Does not appear|
|Esmeralda Pinzón||Sandra||Does not appear||Recurring||Does not appear|
|Michelle Manterola||Flavia||Does not appear||Recurring||Does not appear|
|Johan Esteban Díaz||
||Does not appear||Recurring||Does not appear|
|Carlos Baez||Does not appear||Recurring|
|Eileen Roca||Zoraya||Does not appear||Recurring|
|Sebastián Moya||Mateo Sanín Fuentes||Does not appear||Recurring|
|Gloria Pinilla||Mirta Muriel||Does not appear||Recurring|
|Margarita Torres||Lizeth Muriel||Does not appear||Recurring|
|Álvaro Benet||Miguel Díaz||Does not appear||Recurring||Does not appear|
|Luis Fernando Bohórquez||Coronel Granados||Does not appear||Recurring||Does not appear|
|Daniel Serna||Cabra||Does not appear||Recurring||Does not appear|
|Abril Schreiber||Claudia Romero||Does not appear||Guest||Does not appear|
|Julián Farietta||Gatillo||Does not appear||Guest||Does not appear|
|Gisella Aboumrad||Mayra Contreras||Does not appear||Guest||Does not appear|
|Juan Diego Sánchez||Bayron Santana||Does not appear||Guest||Does not appear|
|Juan Ángel Esparza||Carmelo Villa||Does not appear||Recurring|
|Patricia Maldonado||Abigail||Does not appear||Recurring||Does not appear|
|Mauricio Mejía||Carlos Jaramillo||Does not appear||Recurring|
|Alejandra Monsalve||Sandra||Does not appear||Recurring|
|Ricardo Leguízamo||Álvaro Mendieta||Does not appear||Recurring|
|Juan David Galindo||Rocco Candela||Does not appear||Recurring|
|Andrea Pita||Laura||Does not appear||Recurring||Does not appear|
|Michelle Rouillard||Ana Paula||Does not appear||Guest||Does not appear|
|Marianela González||Emilia Vallejo||Does not appear||Recurring|
- This was the name Kimberly Reyes used to introduce herself in the series, before playing La Diabla.
- In season two, she played Amparo Beltrán, Yésica's sister who lived in Venezuela.
- In this season, Jordana Issa played the character during some episodes, because Majida could not use the products that were used for her character's burn.
|Season||Episodes||First aired||Last aired||Avg. viewers
|1||90||19 July 2016||2.47||28 November 2016||4.05||TBD||TBD|
|2||87||25 July 2017||1.83||28 November 2017||2.03||TBD||TBD|
|3||63||12 June 2018||1.68||10 September 2018||1.69||1.43||TBD|
The series is based on the book "Sin tetas sí hay paraíso" written by Gustavo Bolívar, who previously wrote "Sin tetas no hay paraíso". The series is known in Colombia as "Sin tetas si hay paraíso".
The character of Yésica Beltrán, La Diabla, was originally interpreted by María Fernanda Yepes in Sin senos no hay paraíso, but she did not return for the sequel due to scheduling conflicts and personal reasons. Due to this, Majida Issa was cast to take over the role.
Carmen Villalobos was confirmed to reprise her role from the first installment of the series through a "special appearance" in flashback sequences. For the final episode of the first season of "Sin senos sí hay paraíso", the actress appeared again, bringing Catalina Santana back to life, and setting up the stage to continue as a main protagonist in the second season of the renewed series. Carolina Gaitán and Juan Pablo Urrego, who play Catalina "la pequeña" and Hernán Darío, had previously worked together on other projects.
This continuation to Sin senos no hay paraíso features several actors from the first series reprising their role, such as Francisco Bolívar, Alejandra Pinzón, Carolina Sepúlveda, Gregorio Pernía, Fabián Ríos, Catherine Siachoque and César Mora.
|Sin senos sí hay paraíso|
|Soundtrack album by |
|Released||August 6, 2016|
|Singles from Sin senos sí hay paraíso|
The first soundtrack of the series, titled Sin senos sí hay paraíso, was released on August 6, 2016.
- Track listing
|1.||"La Raya" (Nicolás Tovar & Robert Taylor)||3:19|
|2.||"Vendetta" (Nicolás Tovar & Robert Taylor)||3:12|
|3.||"Chica Mala" (Dennis Fernando & Robert Taylor)||3:26|
|4.||"Me Dicen Diabla" (Fanny Lu)||4:05|
|5.||"Tu Amor Es Mi Piel" (La India)||4:12|
|6.||"Dos Soles" (Robert Taylor & Nicolás Tovar)||3:14|
|7.||"Sin Blin Blin No Hay Paraíso" (Nicolás Tovar & Robert Taylor)||3:07|
|8.||"El Gato Gordo" (Nicolás Tovar)||3:38|
|9.||"Ganó la Esperanza" (Pipe Bueno)||3:20|
|10.||"Muchachita Consentida" (Nicolás Tovar)||3:07|
|1.||"Estar Contigo" (Dennis Fernando, Nicolás Tovar & Robert Taylor)||3:15|
|2.||"Nunca Me Fui" (Dennis Fernando & Alejandra)||3:44|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2017||Miami Life Awards||Best Female Lead in a Telenovela||Carolina Gaitán||Won|
|Best Male Lead in a Telenovela||Fabián Ríos||Won|
|Best Supporting Actress||Johanna Fadul||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actor||Juan Pablo Llano||Won|
|Best telenovela||Sin senos sí hay paraíso||Nominated|
|Your World Awards||Favorite Series||Sin senos sí hay paraíso||Nominated|
|Favorite Lead Actor||Fabián Ríos||Nominated|
|Favorite Lead Actress||Carolina Gaitán||Nominated|
|The Best Bad Girl||Majida Issa||Won|
|Favorite Actor||Juan Pablo Urrego||Won|
|Favorite Actress||Catherine Siachoque||Nominated|
|The Perfect Couple||Juan Pablo Urrego and Carolina Gaitán||Nominated|
|I'm Sexy and I know it||Carmen Villalobos||Won|
|Juan Pablo Llano||Nominated|
|The Best Actor with Bad Luck||Carolina Gaitán||Won|
|26th TVyNovelas Awards Colombia||Favorite series||Sin senos sí hay paraíso||Nominated|
|Best Favorite Female Lead in a Serie||Carolina Gaitán||Nominated|
|Best Favorite Female Villain in a Serie||Johana Fadul||Nominated|
|Best Favorite Female Supporting Actress in a Serie||Catherine Siachoque||Nominated|
|Best Favorite Male Supporting Actor in a Serie||Fabián Ríos||Nominated|
|Favorite writer of telenovelas or series||Gustavo Bolívar||Nominated|
|Produ Awards||Writer - Series, Superseries or Telenovela of the Year||Gustavo Bolívar||Won|
|Telenovela of the Year||Sin senos sí hay paraíso||Nominated|
|2018||46th International Emmy Awards||Best Non-English Language U.S. Primetime Program||Sin senos sí hay paraíso||Nominated|
- "Sin senos sí hay paraíso (Serie de TV)". filmaffinity.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 16 July 2017.
- "Sin tetas sí hay paraíso: Lo que debe saber antes de su estreno". colombia.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 1 January 2017.
- "Gustavo Bolívar: "Sin 'tetas' SI hay paraíso"". diariolasamericas.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 14 June 2017.
- ""Sin senos sí hay paraíso" viene con todo". elsiglo.com.ve (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 29 April 2016. Retrieved 29 April 2016.
- Franco, René. ""Sin senos no hay paraíso" tendrá segunda temporada. La Taquilla". radioformula.com.mx (in Spanish). Retrieved 27 April 2016.
- "Inician las grabaciones de la nueva novela "Sin Senos Sí Hay Paraíso"". telemundo.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 27 April 2016.
- "Telemundo Readies New Super Series and Without Breasts There Is Paradise Spin-off". todotvnews.com. Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- "TELEMUNDO ANUNCIÓ "EL FINAL DEL PARAÍSO", EL COMIENZO DE UNA NUEVA ERA DE LA EXITOSA FRANQUICIA "SIN SENOS SI HAY PARAÍSO"". nbcumv.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 9 May 2019.
- @SinSenosSiHay (22 May 2018). "El martes 12 de JUNIO todo saldrá a la luz en la nueva temporada a las 9/8C solo por @Telemundo" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Así es la historia de 'Sin senos sí hay paraíso 3', telenovela de Telemundo". laopinion.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 2 June 2018.
- González, Moisés. "Conoce al nuevo hijo de Carmen Villalobos en El final del paraíso y más ¡De telenovela!". People en Español (in Spanish). Retrieved 4 October 2019.
- González, Moisés. "Actriz de Mi gorda bella se une al elenco de El final del paraíso y más ¡De telenovela!". People en Español (in Spanish). Retrieved 21 October 2019.
- "FUELED BY HISTORIC "MARTRES" TRIPLE PREMIERE TELEMUNDO RANKS #1 AMONG SPANISH-LANGUAGE TV FOR THIRD CONSECUTIVE WEEKNIGHT". Archived from the original on 4 May 2017.
- "TELEMUNDO'S "SIN SENOS SI HAY PARAISO" WRAPS AS THE #1 SPANISH-LANGUAGE PROGRAM AT 9PM FOR ITS FULL RUN AMONG ADULTS 18-49". nbcumv.com. Archived from the original on 4 May 2017. Retrieved 4 May 2017.
- Pucci, Douglas. "Tuesday Final Nationals: 'Sin Senos Sí Hay Paraíso' Season Premiere Lifts Telemundo Prime Time". programminginsider.com. Archived from the original on 9 November 2017. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- Pucci, Douglas. "Weekly Final Nationals: Carol Burnett Special Earns Over 15 Million Viewers for CBS". programminginsider.com. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- Pucci, Douglas. "Tuesday Final Ratings: Telemundo the Runner-Up Network from 9-11 p.m. Among Young Adults with 'Sin Senos Si Hay Paraiso' Season Premiere and 'El Señor de Los Cielos'". programminginsider.com. Retrieved 14 June 2018.
- González, Moisés. "Sin senos sí hay paraíso 3 ya tiene fecha para su gran final ¡y sustituta!". peopleenespanol.com (in Spanish). People en Español. Retrieved 17 August 2018.
- González, Moisés. "La bella y las bestias versus Sin senos sí hay paraíso, ¿quién lideró en su final?". peopleenespanol.com (in Spanish). People en Español. Retrieved 12 September 2018.
- Peláez, Isabela. ""Con 'Sin senos sí hay paraíso' muestro una generación distinta de niñas": Bolívar". elpais.com.co (in Spanish). Retrieved 5 January 2017.
- "Nuevas producciones, reencauches y bionovelas que tendrán Caracol y RCN en 2017". pulzo.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 6 January 2017.
- "María Fernanda Yepes status on Instagram". instagram.com (in Spanish). Instagram. Retrieved 5 January 2017.
- González, Moisés. "María Fernanda Yepes: "Sin senos también hay paraíso"". peopleenespanol.com (in Spanish). People en Español. Retrieved 5 January 2017.
- "Majida Issa: la mujer detrás de 'La Diabla' Beltrán en "Sin senos sí hay paraíso"". holaciudad.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 5 January 2017.
- González, Moisés. "Carmen Villalobos participará en la segunda parte de Sin senos no hay paraíso". peopleenespanol.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- González, Moisés. "Carmen Villalobos sobre volver a ser Catalina en Sin senos sí hay paraíso: "No se puede describir"". peopleenespanol.com (in Spanish). People en Español. Retrieved 5 January 2017.
- González, Moisés. "Carolina Gaitán: "Fue un reto muy grande asumir desde mis 32 años una niña de 14"". peopleenespanol.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- González, Moisés. "6 cosas que debes conocer de Juan Pablo Urrego, el protagonista de Sin senos sí hay paraíso". peopleenespanol.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "Los personajes de 'Sin senos sí hay paraíso'". vivelohoy.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 5 January 2017.
- "Sin Blin Blin No Hay Paraíso / Sin Senos Si Hay Paraíso - Video Oficial Feat Gregorio Pernía". youtube.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 29 May 2018.
- "Sin Tetas Sí Hay Paraíso / Sin Senos Sí Hay Paraíso (Banda Sonora Original)". itunes.apple.com (in Spanish). ITunes. Retrieved 1 January 2017.
- "Miami Life Awards Status on Facebook". facebook.com (in Spanish). Facebook. Retrieved 6 January 2017.
- "Lista completa de nominados a Premios Tu Mundo 2017". laopinion.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 19 July 2017.
- "Lista de todos los ganadores de Premios Tu Mundo 2017". laopinion.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 25 August 2017.
- "Estos son los nominados a los Premios TVyNovelas 2017". entretengo.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 5 September 2017.
- "PRODU Awards anuncia ganadores en la categoría Talento". 1.produ.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- "Finalistas de PRODU Awards 2017". lahoradelanovela.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 6 October 2017.
- Clarke, Stewart. "International Emmy Award Nominations Unveiled". variety.com. Variety. Retrieved 2 October 2018.
- Rahman, Abid. "International Emmy Awards: Full Winners List". hollywoodreporter.com. The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 20 November 2018.