This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Simon Alan Gregory (born 2 October 1974), better known by his stage name, Simon Gregson, is an English actor known for his portrayal of Steve McDonald in the ITV soap opera Coronation Street since 1989. He has received 17 Awards for comedy and performance, plus a Legends of Industry Award. He is a patron for Scotty's Little Soldiers.
Simon Alan Gregory
2 October 1974
|Education||The Kingsway School, Gatley|
|Known for||Role of Steve McDonald in Coronation Street (1989–present)|
|Spouse(s)||Emma Gleave (m. 2010)|
Whilst a pupil at The Kingsway School, Stockport in 1989, Simon Gregory entered a search for the part of one of two new cast members to join the ITV soap opera Coronation Street as the 'McDonald Twins'. Fellow Kingsway pupil Nicholas Cochrane was selected out of the class to become Andy McDonald, and a search was on for another class member who had the same height, build and hair colouring as him. As Gregory was the only member of the class to fit these criteria, he was selected and the two were sent for further auditions at Granada Television, where they were selected for the roles. Gregory was initially credited under his real name, but later adopted the stage name 'Gregson' once he was old enough to join Equity, as there was already a member with the name Simon Gregory.
Gregson's first appearance in an episode of Coronation Street aired on 6 December 1989 and he currently appears on the soap as a regular cast member. It was announced on  He returned to the soap in 2016.
On 20 August 2011, he appeared on All Star Family Fortunes along with his family.
He appeared as a panellist on an episode of Through the Keyhole which aired on 5 October 2013.
- 2005 – British Soap Award for Best Actor
- 2009 – TRIC Award for TV Soap Personality
- 2009 – British Soap Award for Best Actor
- 2009 – British Soap Award for Best Comedy Performance
- 2009 – British Soap Award for Best On-Screen Partnership, alongside Katherine Kelly
- 2010 – TRIC Award for TV Soap Personality
- 2010 – British Soap Award for Best On-Screen Partnership, alongside Katherine Kelly
- 2010 – TV Quick Award for Best Soap Actor
- 2010 – National Television Award for Most Popular Serial Drama Performance
- 2011 – British Soap Award for Best On-Screen Partnership, alongside Katherine Kelly
- 2011 – TV Quick Award for Best Soap Actor
- 2019 – British Soap Award for Best On-Screen Partnership, alongside Kate Ford
In the 1990s, Gregson became known in the press for various traffic offences and problems with alcohol and drugs. He was written out of the series for over a year after The Sun ran a story in which Gregson allegedly admitted regularly spending £1,000 per month on cocaine. He returned to his Coronation Street role after rehabilitation.
- "Corrie's Simon Gregson to take 'extended break' from the drama". ITV News. Retrieved 29 December 2015.
- "Legends of Industry Awards 2017". Variety, the Children's Charity. 18 October 2017. Retrieved 20 January 2019.
- Corrie's Simon Gregson gets married – Coronation Street News – Soaps. Digital Spy (14 November 2010). Retrieved on 2012-02-07.
- Simon Gregson Welcomes Son Harry