Simon Cellan Jones
Simon Cellan Jones began his career as a production assistant in the mid-1980s, working on series such as Edge of Darkness. By the late 1980s he had worked his way up to become a director, and he gained credits on some of the most acclaimed British television productions of the 1990s. These included episodes of Cracker (1993) and Our Friends in the North (1996).
He was nominated as the Best Newcomer at the British Academy Film Awards for his first feature film Some Voices (2000). Other television credits have included BBC One's Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Silk Stocking (2004) and More4's The Trial of Tony Blair (2007).
- The Bill (1989) (1 episode)
- Streetwise (1989)
- Medics (1992) (2 episodes)
- Cracker (1993) (1 episode)
- The Big One (1995)
- Our Friends in the North (1996) (episodes 3, 6–9)
- In Your Dreams (1997)
- Storm Damage (2000)
- Eroica (2003) — won Prix Italia for Performing Arts in 2004
- Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Silk Stocking (2004)
- The Queen's Sister (2005)
- Coup! (2006)
- The Trial of Tony Blair (2007)
- Generation Kill (2008)
- Paradox (2009)
- On Expenses (2010)
- Treme (2010)
- Boardwalk Empire (2010) (episode 10)
- The Borgias (2011)
- Klondike (2014)
- Jessica Jones (2015)
- Shooter (2016)
- The Tap (2017)
- The Expanse – episode, "Abaddon's Gate" (2018)
- Ballers (2015-2018)
- Years and Years (2019)
- https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/LUi_Jax3PTavZyn5O65MePE68aE/appointments January 1963
- Cellan Jones, James. Forsyte and Hindsight: Screen Directing for Pleasure and Profit. Kaleidoscope Publishing, 2006. pp. 17–18.
- Dunn, Josephine M (2018-03-28). Jimmy McGovern's Cracker. Amazon.com: KDP. pp. 2–159.
- Cellan Jones, James. Forsyte and Hindsight: Screen Directing for Pleasure and Profit. Kaleidoscope Publishing, 2006. pp. 14–15.
- "Simon Cellan Jones". The Peerage. 21 October 2011.
- Prix Italia, Winners 1949 – 2010, RAI Archived 2013-10-22 at the Wayback Machine
- "Outhwaite to star in sci-fi drama". 22 May 2009 – via news.bbc.co.uk.
- Simon Cellan Jones on IMDb
- Simon Cellan Jones in Contemporary British and Irish Film Directors: A Wallflower Critical Guide, by Yoram Allon, Del Cullen, Hannah Patterson. Wallflower Press, 2001. p. 53.
|This biographical article related to British television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|