Simi Valley station
Simi Valley station is a passenger rail station in the city of Simi Valley, California. It is served by Amtrak's Pacific Surfliner (San Luis Obispo-San Diego) and Coast Starlight (Los Angeles Union Station-Seattle), and Metrolink's Ventura County Line (Los Angeles Union Station-East Ventura).
|Location||5050 Los Angeles Ave|
Simi Valley, CA 93063
|Owned by||City of Simi Valley|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Connections||Simi Valley Transit|
|Station code||Amtrak code: SIM|
|Opened||18 October 1982CalTrain) (|
October 26, 1986 (Amtrak)
|Passengers (2017)||52,064 1.99% (Amtrak)|
Ten Pacific Surfliner trains serve the station daily and 16 Metrolink trains serve the station each weekday. The Coast Starlight operates one train daily in each direction. Service to Simi Valley began on October 26, 1986, when the Coast Starlight began stopping there.
Of the 74 California stations served by Amtrak, Simi Valley was the 37th-busiest in FY2012, boarding or detraining an average of approximately 111 passengers daily.
Platforms and tracksEdit
|Main track||■ Coast Starlight||toward Seattle (Oxnard)|
|■ Coast Starlight||toward Los Angeles (Van Nuys)|
|■ Pacific Surfliner||toward San Luis Obispo (Moorpark or Oxnard)|
|■ Pacific Surfliner||toward San Diego-Union Station (Chatsworth)|
|■ Ventura County Line||toward East Ventura (Moorpark)|
|■ Ventura County Line||toward L.A. Union Station (Chatsworth)|
- "2017 California Report" (PDF). Amtrak. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- "IT'S HERE. The start of the line". The Press-Courier. 25 October 1982. Retrieved 17 April 2017.
- "Train Web: Simi Valley".
- Rail Passenger Development Plan: 1988-93 Fiscal Years. Sacramento, CA: Division of Mass Transportation, Caltrans. 1988. p. 37. OCLC 18113227.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2012, State of California" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2012. Retrieved 2013-05-11.
- Media related to Simi Valley station at Wikimedia Commons
- Amtrak California Station Info Page
- Simi Valley at the Metrolink website
- Simi Valley, CA – Amtrak
- Simi Valley Amtrak-Metrolink Station (USA RailGuide -- TrainWeb)
- Simi Valley (SIM)--Great American Stations (Amtrak)
|This California train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|