|Occupation||Psychical researcher, skeptic of spiritualism|
He is most well known for his skeptical books on spiritualism. His 1965 booklet Spirit Photography was published by the Society for Psychical Research. It exposed the fraudulent methods involved in producing spirit photographs. According to Edmunds "not one professional spirit photographer of any note ever escaped convincing exposure as fraudulent."
His 1961 work, Hypnotism and the Supernormal was described in a review as a "classic and serious study". Psychologist L. Börje Löfgren has noted that although Edmunds considered many mediums to be fraudulent he was not critical when it came to reports of psychic phenomena.
In 2016, Edmunds booklet Spirit Photography was republished in limited quantities.
- Hypnotism and the Supernormal, Aquarian Press, London (1961)
- Miracles of the Mind: An Introduction to Parapsychology (1965)
- Spirit Photography (1965)
- Spiritualism: A Critical Survey (1966)
- Hypnosis: Key to Psychic Powers (1968)
- Hypnotism and Psychic Phenomena [reprint of Hypnotism and the Supernormal] (1974)
- ESP, Extrasensory Perception (1975)
- The Psychic Power of Hypnosis (1981)
- Ashby. Robert. (1972). The Guidebook for the Study of Psychical Research. Weiser. p. 141. ISBN 978-0877281887 "Simeon Edmunds, 1917-69. Former research secretary of the College of Psychic Science (now studies) in London, psychical researcher, writer, hypnotist. A highly critical student of paranormal phenomena, his study of "spirit photography" published by the Society for Psychical Research dismisses as fraudulent all such claims, while his study of spiritualism, Spiritualism: A Critical Survey, is a strong attack upon the movement's credulity, widespread fraud, and self-delusion."
- "Simeon Edmunds". Encyclopedia of Occultism and Parapsychology. 2001.
- British Journal of Photography, Volume 113. Henry Greenwood & Company, 1966. p. 703
- The Photographic Journal, Volume 107. Royal Photographic Society, 1967. p. 97
- Sladek, John. (1974). The New Apocrypha: A Guide to Strange Science and Occult Beliefs. Stein and Day. p. 215. ISBN 978-0812817126
- The Contemporary Review, Volume 241. Alexander Strahan, 1982. p. 56
- Löfgren, L. B. (1968). Recent Publications on Parapsychology. Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association 16: 146-178.
- "The SPR in the Journal of the London Institute of ’Pataphysics". Society for Psychical Research.