Silvergate Media is a television production and brand licensing company based in London and New York. The company was founded in 2011 by Waheed Alli, and was acquired by Sony Pictures Television in 2019.
|Founded||October 4, 2011|
|Parent||Sony Pictures Television|
Silvergate Media was created in 2011 as part of a management buy-out, when Alli purchased the rights to The Octonauts and The World of Beatrix Potter from Chorion, a company he was previously chair of.
The company has signed a deal with Netflix, in collaboration with Mercury Filmworks to produce Hilda, an animated television adaptation of comic Hilda by Luke Pearson, which was released on September 21, 2018.
On December 10, 2019, Sony Pictures Television announced that it would acquire Silvergate Media for US$175 million. The deal marks SPT's first in-house studio devoted primarily to children's animation since Adelaide Productions, which went dormant shortly after production on the adult-oriented series The Boondocks ended in 2014.
- Peter Rabbit (2012-2016, co-produced with Brown Bag Films, for Nickelodeon)
- The Octonauts (2010–present, co-produced with Brown Bag Films, for CBeebies)
- Sunny Day (2017–2019, for Nickelodeon)
- Alex of Athens (2017)
- Creature Cases
- Super Duper Molly Cooper
- Hilda (2018–present, co-produced by Mercury Filmworks, for Netflix)
- Chico Bon Bon: Monkey with a Tool Belt (2020–present, for Netflix)
- Made by Maddie (Unreleased for Nick Jr.)
- Octonauts: Above and Beyond (2021)
- Rainbow Bubblegem (2022)
- ¡Vamos! (TBA)
- John Plunkett (22 September 2011), "Chorion sells rights to The World of Beatrix Potter and The Octonauts", The Guardian, retrieved 2017-03-06
- "Netflix Adds Five New Original Animated Series For Kids, Renews Kong: King of the Apes" (Press release). Netflix. 16 June 2016. Retrieved 2017-03-06.
- "Here Comes Hilda". The New Yorker. 15 June 2016. Retrieved 2017-03-06.
- Animation Magazine (4 March 2016). "Silvergate producing 'Sunny Day' for Nickelodeon". Animation Magazine. Retrieved March 4, 2016.
- Silvergate Partners With Shamrock Capital Advisors To Accelerate Growth, 25 April 2016, retrieved 2017-03-06
- "Octonauts pair pocket £40m". The Sunday Times. Retrieved 2017-03-06.
- Clarke, Stewart (2019-12-10). "Sony Pictures Television Buys Silvergate Media, Producer of 'Octonauts' and 'Hilda,' for $195 Million (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved 2019-12-24.
- "Nickelodeon Pulls 'Made by Maddie' Amid 'Hair Love' Controversy". 4 September 2020.
- "'Made by Maddie' Pulled by Nickelodeon Amid 'Hair Love' Controversy". 4 September 2020.
- Milligan, Mercedes (2021-06-07). "Silvergate Snags Rights to Award-Winning Picture Book Series '¡Vamos!'". Animation Magazine. Retrieved 2021-06-08.