Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka
Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka (transl. Sequence of Changing Relationships) is an Indian romantic drama series, which premiered on 4 June 2018 on Colors TV. It was produced by Sunjoy Waddhwa under Sphere Origins. The show focused on changing relationships, love triangles and extra marital affairs. In 2018, the story revolved around Mauli, Nandini and Kunal played by Aditi Sharma, Drashti Dhami and Shakti Arora. In 2019, the show took a generation leap and focused on Mishti, Pari and Ruhaan played by Tejasswi Prakash, Aneri Vajani and Kunal Jaisingh.
|Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka|
|Written by||Gajra Kottary|
|Directed by||Ravi Bhushan|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||295|
|Running time||Approximately 20 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Sphere Origins|
|Original release||4 June 2018 –|
19 July 2019 
The first season was about childhood friends Nandini and Mauli. Nandini falls in love with Kunal, Mauli's husband. The series also shows domestic violence against women by focusing on Nandini's husband, Rajdeep. The series' first season was broadcast on Colors TV. The second season was released on the digital streaming platform Voot.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||196||4 June 2018||4 March 2019|
|2||99||5 March 2019||19 July 2019|
Mauli and Nandini are best friends who have grown up together. Nandini chooses Rajdeep over Mauli's friendship despite Mauli warning her of his bad character which leads to a fallout between the two and they part ways.
Present day situation; Mauli and Kunal, Nandini and Rajdeep. Mauli is a gynecologist, Kunal is a pediatrician. The two support each other through everything. While, Nandini is a victim of domestic violence. Rajdeep is an ambitious businessman and a dominating husband who doesn't leave any chance to abuse Nandini, both physically and mentally.
Kunal ends up running into Nandini at a medical conference. He discovers that Nandini is the same friend Mauli keeps reminiscing about. He talks to Mauli about it and they decide to schedule a meeting. Nandini and Mauli meet after seven years. Rajdeep beats Nandini and leaves her in the middle of the road. Kunal ends up finding her and takes her to the hospital. Mauli and Kunal convince Nandini to speak up against the abuse, so Nandini gets Rajdeep arrested on domestic violence charges.
As they spend time together, Kunal starts falling for Nandini. He reminds himself about Mauli but is unable to stop thinking about Nandini. Slowly, Nandini begins to feel the same for Kunal. After many instances of awkward staring and avoiding each other, Nandini decides to leave town because of her inability to control her feelings for Kunal. When Kunal gets to know about this, he stops her and confesses his own feelings for her.
Nandini and Kunal start meeting secretly and soon after, consummate their relationship. Eventually, Mauli gets to know about Nandini and Kunal. She is shocked and heartbroken. Mauli decides to pick herself up and files for a divorce from Kunal but soon finds out that she is pregnant. Kunal accuses her of false pregnancy and divorces her in order to marry Nandini. Kunal and Nandini get married.
6 years laterEdit
Mauli lives with her daughter Mishti and her best friend Ishaan. Mishti considers Ishaan her father. Kunal returns from London with his and Nandini's daughter Pari. He is unaware about Mishti being his daughter. Mishti and Pari become best friends without knowing their real relationship.
Circumstances bring Kunal and Mauli face to face. Mauli learns that Nandini died due to cancer whereas Kunal learns about Mishti being his daughter. Ishaan proposes Mauli for marriage and they decide to get married. Meanwhile, Kunal meets with an accident and loses his memory. He only remembers his life with Mauli. While Mauli stays with Kunal till he regains his memory, Ishaan takes care of Mishti and Pari. Eventually, Kunal regains his memory. Mauli chooses Ishaan over Kunal and the two get married.
17 years laterEdit
Mishti and Pari have grown up. Mishti is a perfectionist who believes in love and commitment. Pari, on the other hand is commitment phobic and easy going. They run an event management company. Mauli, Kunal and Ishaan are dead. Mishti is about to get engaged to her boyfriend Veer. Meanwhile, Pari's childhood bestfriend Arnav is in love with her but she doesn't feel the same for him.
Pari meets Ruhaan and gets fascinated by him whereas Ruhaan sees Mishti and gets attracted to her. Ruhaan turns out to be Veer's close friend and thus begins living in Mishti and Pari's house as a paying guest. Mishti and Ruhaan share a conflicting relation whereas Pari and Ruhaan form a bond of easy going friendship. Mishti and Veer get engaged. Ruhaan tries to ignore his feelings for Mishti when he finds out that she is Veer's fiance.
Meanwhile, Mishti gets nervous sensing how different she feels when she is around Ruhaan and tries to push away her feelings. Pari, on the other hand, realises that she has fallen in love with Ruhaan. On learning this, Arnav is left heartbroken. Eventually, Mishti accepts her feelings for Ruhaan.
Mishti and Ruhaan confess their love to each other. Mishti breaks off her engagement with Veer telling him that she can't marry him as she doesn't love him. Soon, Veer finds out about Mishti and Ruhaan. He informs Pari about Mishti and Ruhaan's relationship. Mishti too gets to know about Pari's feelings for Ruhaan through Radhika. Mishti decides to sacrifice her love for Pari, thus she denies having feelings for Ruhaan when Pari questions her. Mishti fakes getting back together with Veer. Pari proposes Ruhaan but he tells her that he loves someone else.
Ruhaan questions Mishti's sacrifice but she remains adamant. Mishti faints and it is revealed that she has been suffering from a disease. Pari and Radhika find out about Mishti and Ruhaan's love for each other. Pari donates her kidney to save Mishti.
3 months laterEdit
Ruhaan and Mishti get married and move into their own flat in the same building. Mishti, Ruhaan, Pari, Arnav, Radhika and Ansh celebrate together.
- Aditi Sharma as Dr. Mauli Khanna– Nandini's childhood friend; Kunal's former wife; Ishaan's wife; Mishti and Ansh's mother (2018–2019)
- Shakti Arora as Dr. Kunal Malhotra– Radhika's son; Mauli's former husband; Nandini's husband; Mishti and Pari's father (2018–2019)
- Drashti Dhami as Nandini Malhotra– Mauli's childhood friend; Rajdeep's former wife; Kunal's wife; Pari's mother (2018)
- Tejasswi Prakash as Mishti Khanna– Mauli and Kunal's daughter; Ishaan's adoptive daughter; Pari and Ansh's half sister; Ruhaan's wife (2019)
- Aneri Vajani as Pari Malhotra– Nandini and Kunal's daughter; Mishti's half sister (2019)
- Kunal Jaisingh as Ruhaan– Veer's childhood friend; Mishti's husband (2019)
- Jaya Bhattacharya as Radhika Malhotra– Kunal's mother; Mishti and Pari's grandmother; Ansh's adoptive grandmother; Sue's best friend (2018–2019)
- Abhinav Shukla as Rajdeep Thakur– Nandini's former husband (2018)
- Kinshuk Mahajan as Ishaan Khanna– Mauli's husband; Mishti's adoptive father; Ansh's father (2018–2019)
- Maisha Dixit as Young Mishti Khanna– Mauli and Kunal’s daughter; Ishaan's adoptive daughter; Pari and Ansh's half sister (2018–2019)
- Arravya Sharma as Young Pari Malhotra– Nandini and Kunal's daughter; Mishti's half sister (2018–2019)
- Rohan Gandotra as Veer Verma– Ruhaan's childhood friend; Mishti's former fiance (2019)
- Akshit Sukhija as Arnav– Taani's brother; Sue's nephew; Pari's childhood friend (2019)
- Dolly Minhas as Sukhmani aka Sue– Arnav and Taani's aunt; Radhika's best friend (2019)
- Neena Cheema as Yammini Malhotra– Kunal's grandmother (2018–2019)
- Abigail Jain as Mehak– Kunal's friend (2018)
- Prateeksha Lonkar as Sandhya Khanna– Ishaan's mother (2018–2019)
- Roma Bali as Mauli and Mayank's mother (2018–2019)
- Raj Singh as Mayank– Mauli's brother (2018–2019)
- Siddharth Kumar as Ansh Khanna– Mauli and Ishaan's son; Mishti's half brother; Taani's friend (2019)
- Mishmee Das as Taani– Arnav's sister; Sue's niece; Ansh's friend (2019)
- Bindia Kalra as Naina Verma– Veer's mother (2019)
- Farukh Saeed as Mr. Verma– Naina's husband; Veer's father (2019)
- Evan Dixit as Young Ansh Khanna– Mauli and Ishaan's son; Mishti's half brother (2019)
- Prachi Thakkar as Sweety– Malhotra family's neighbour; Ishaan's cousin (2018)
- Arjun Aneja as Manas– Mauli and Nandini's college friend (2018)
- Sarita Joshi as Subhadra (2018)
- Daljeet Kaur as Amrita (2018)
Special Episode (71-72)
- Harshad Chopda as Aditya Hooda from Bepannah
- Jennifer Winget as Zoya Siddiqui from Bepannah
- Meera Deosthale as Chakor Rajvanshi from Udaan
- Ritvik Arora as Ahaan from Tu Aashiqui
- Jannat Zubair Rahmani as Pankti from Tu Aashiqui
- Shivin Narang as Jai Mittal from Internet Wala Love
- Tunisha Sharma as Aadhya Verma from Internet Wala Love
- Aalisha Panwar as Tara Raichand from Ishq Mein Marjawan
Background and productionEdit
Writing and developmentEdit
The serial was named 'Bawre Nain' but the makers changed the title to 'Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka'.
Drashti Dhami stated that the serial is not about extra marital affairs but it focus on the friendship between two friends and two couples and how circumstances takes place in their lives.
Before the launch of the series, Manisha Sharma, programming head of Colors, stated that:
With this show, we are exploring an evolved and modern love story. The twist and turns every relationship goes through often complicates situations making the person break boundaries. This complicated yet interesting space will keep everyone intrigued and engaged, with viewers contemplating the difference between what feels right and what seems wrong.
This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Please find conflicting opinions and present a balanced perspective of the critical response. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Shweta Ksheri of India Today wrote, "Drashti Dhami nails it as the tormented wife; a good comeback for the actress." Soumyata Chauhan of DNA India wrote: "Shakti-Aditi's sizzling romance perfectly off-sets Drashti Dhami's abusive marriage." Shruti Shiksha of NDTV wrote: "The show is a good take on new-age friendship, love and marriage". The Times of India stated, "Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka has managed to grab the attention of the viewers for its unique storyline and bold content".
This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Per WP:CSECTION, controversy sections are strongly discouraged because they place undue emphasis on negative events, which tends to make it difficult to maintain a neutral point of view. If the content in this section is noteworthy, it should be incorporated into more intuitive areas of this article. (March 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In the beginning, the makers and Drashti Dhami told that the series is not about extra marital affairs but how circumstances takes place in couples lives and channel programming head of Colors stated that the serial is about exploring an evolved and modern love story.
In September 2018, some audiences were not happy about the storyline and blames the makers and main cast for showing extra marital affairs content on national television.
They started to troll on the main cast of the series on social networking sites. They trolled Drashti Dhami and Shakti Arora for playing and choosing the character of Nandini and Kunal. Shakti Arora gave the indirectly replied to troller by uploading the image of him and named as:
If nobody hates you, you are doing something boring.
Then someone replied to Shakti Arora's post by saying:
Putting up such captions would not make your character [Kunal] any better.. I am extremely disappointed by your character and honestly, I hate you and drashti for being so ridiculous. I mean how could someone write this kind of a storyline. Disgusting! You are surely gonna break relationships and also give them a stupid reason to do that.. pathetic serial.
In returns to the troller comment, Shakti Arora also gave quickly replied by saying:
Then stop watching the show [and] do something constructive in life.. god bless...
When trollers trolled Drashti Dhami, Aditi Sharma came out in support of Drashti Dhami by saying:
I have to say the role [Drashti Dhami choose] as Nandini requires a lot of courage. Only a true artist [and] a strong person can do that. I love her for the loving caring helping person she is. I request everyone that instead of getting personal [why] don't we appreciate [and] encourage her boldness.
- "Exploring The Complexities of Modern Love Stories". ColorsTV.com.
- "Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka actor Kunal Jaisingh is upset as show nears end". India Today.
- "Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka : Starts 4th June, Monday to Friday at 10:00 PM only on Colors". ColorsTV.com.
- "Madhubala actress Drashti Dhami to be back on TV with this show?". India Today.
- "Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka actor Drashti Dhami: I am happy ruling television than moving to Bollywood". The Indian Express.
- "'Silsila' explores the complexities of modern love stories". The Times of India.
- "Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka promo: Drashti Dhami and Shakti Arora return with a complex love story".
- "New Promo of Drashti Dhami's Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka deals with domestic violence". The Times of India.
- "Watch: Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka 2's promo introduces promising star cast". India Today.
- "Shakti Arora: Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka will focus on new-age relationships". Indian Express.
- "Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka to Saubhagyavati Bhava: 5 daily soaps that showed domestic violence". India Today.
- "Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka trailer review: Drashti Dhami is the victim of domestic violence in her new show". India Today.
- "Silsila Badallte Rishton Ka Review: Shakti-Aditi's sizzling romance perfectly off-sets Drashti Dhami's abusive marriage". DNA India.
- "Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka written update, July 18, 2018: Nandini plans to get a separate house for herself". The Times of India.
- "Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka written update July 24, 2018: Rajdeep wants to take revenge from Nandini". The Times of India.
- "Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka written update, July 25, 2018: Nandini decides to leave Rajdeep". The Times of India.
- "Rajdeep is adamant on not giving divorce to Nandini in Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka". India TV.
- "Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka written update August 10, 2018: Nandini and Kunal promise to kill their emotions for each other". The Times of India.
- "Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka written update, August 17, 2018: Nandini feels guilty for falling in love with Kunal". The Times of India.
- "Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka written update: Rajdeep decides to take revenge on Nandini". The Times of India.
- "Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka written update, August 31, 2018: Nandini comes to Kunal's home for Janamasthami celebrations". The Times of India.
- "Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka written update, September 10, 2018: Mauli sees Nandini and Kunal getting intimate". The Times of India.
- "Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka written update, September 13, 2018: Mauli gets shattered seeing Nandini and Kunal together". The Times of India.
- "Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka written update, September 14, 2018: Mamma tells Kunal to leave the house". The Times of India.
- "Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka written update, September 17, 2018: Mauli questions Nandini about her relationship with Kunal". The Times of India.
- "Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka written update, September 24, 2018: Mauli files for divorce from Kunal; Nandini faces harassment". The Times of India.
- "Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka written update, September 25, 2018: Rajdeep signs the divorce papers". The Times of India.
- "Meri Aashiqui Tumse Hi star Shakti Arora to romance two popular TV actresses in his next?". India Today.
- "Abhinav Shukla roped in for Drashti Dhami-Shakti Arora's show Silsila-Badalte Rishton Ka?". The Times of India.
- "Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka promo: Drashti Dhami and Shakti Arora return with a complex love story". The Times of India.
- "Aapka Colors' 'Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka' Explores Complexities of Modern Love". India West.
- "Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka review: Drashti Dhami nails it as the tormented wife; a good comeback for the actress". India Today. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- "Silsila Badallte Rishton Ka Review: Shakti-Aditi's sizzling romance perfectly off-sets Drashti Dhami's abusive marriage". dna. 5 June 2018. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- "What Shakti Arora And Drashti Dhami's Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka Is All About". NDTV.com. Retrieved 19 July 2018.
- "Drashti Dhami and Shakti Arora get trolled for their extra-marital affair in Silsila". The Times of India.
- "Silsila Badalte Rishton Ka: Drashti Dhami receives backlash for her role as home breaker; co-star Aditi comes out in support". The Times of India. 18 September 2018. Retrieved 7 July 2019.