Silly Beggar – The World's Stupidest Begging Letters is a book by Scottish author James Spence. The book was published on 14 May 2009 by Aurora Metro, and is a collection of comedy begging letters sent to companies, together with the replies and images of items the sender received. Letters included in the book were sent to such companies as Shell, Hovis, Boots and Starbucks.
|Cover artist||James Spence|
|14 May 2009|
|Media type||Print (paperback)|
|Pages||200 pp (first edition paperback)|
Some newspapers including the Daily Mirror and the Daily Record ran full page articles about the book and the author was interviewed in various media including Chris Evans Drivetime on BBC Radio 2, MacAulay and Co on BBC Radio Scotland and Richard & Judy's New Position on the Watch channel.
- Roper, Matt (19 May 2009). "In the Blag..." Daily Mirror. Retrieved 19 May 2009.
- "Cheeky Beggar". Daily Record. 29 April 2009. Archived from the original on 2 May 2009. Retrieved 29 April 2009.
- "The Chris Evans Drivetime Show". BBC Radio 2. 19 May 2009. Retrieved 19 May 2009.[link expired]
- "MacAulay and Co". BBC Radio Scotland. 4 May 2009. Retrieved 4 May 2009.[link expired]
- "The Richard and Judy Show". Cactus TV. 26 May 2009.