Siikajoki is a municipality of Finland. It is part of the North Ostrobothnia region. The municipality has a population of 5,242 (31 January 2019) and covers an area of 1,653.89 square kilometres (638.57 sq mi) of which 601.94 km2 (232.41 sq mi) is water. The population density is 4.98 inhabitants per square kilometre (12.9/sq mi). Neighbour municipalities are Hailuoto, Liminka, Lumijoki, Raahe and Siikalatva.
Location of Siikajoki in Finland
|• Municipality manager||Kaisu Tuomi|
|• Total||1,653.89 km2 (638.57 sq mi)|
|• Land||1,052.02 km2 (406.19 sq mi)|
|• Water||601.94 km2 (232.41 sq mi)|
|Area rank||74th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||167th largest in Finland|
|• Density||4.98/km2 (12.9/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||97.8% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||21.8%|
|• 15 to 64||62.4%|
|• 65 or older||15.8%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||20%|
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
The current municipality of Siikajoki consists of three previous municipalities of Paavola and Revonlahti, that were merged into the municipality of Ruukki in 1973, and the municipality of Siikajoki founded in 1868. The municipalities of Ruukki and Siikajoki were disbanded and replaced by the new municipality of Siikajoki on January 1, 2007.
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Tammikuu 2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Siikajoki at Wikimedia Commons
|This Oulu Province location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|