Siikajoki is a municipality of Finland. It is part of the North Ostrobothnia region. The municipality has a population of 5,038 (31 March 2021) and covers an area of 1,653.89 square kilometres (638.57 sq mi) of which 601.94 km2 (232.41 sq mi) is water. The population density is 4.79 inhabitants per square kilometre (12.4/sq mi). Neighbour municipalities are Hailuoto, Liminka, Lumijoki, Raahe and Siikalatva.
Location of Siikajoki in Finland
|• Municipality manager||Kaisu Tuomi|
|• Total||1,653.89 km2 (638.57 sq mi)|
|• Land||1,052.02 km2 (406.19 sq mi)|
|• Water||601.94 km2 (232.41 sq mi)|
|Area rank||74th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||170th largest in Finland|
|• Density||4.79/km2 (12.4/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||97.8% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||21.2%|
|• 15 to 64||54.1%|
|• 65 or older||24.7%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||22%|
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
The current municipality of Siikajoki consists of three previous municipalities of Paavola and Revonlahti, that were merged into the municipality of Ruukki in 1973, and the municipality of Siikajoki founded in 1868. The municipalities of Ruukki and Siikajoki were disbanded and replaced by the new municipality of Siikajoki on January 1, 2007.
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Preliminary population structure by area, 2021M01*-2021M03*". StatFin (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 2 May 2021.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age (1-year) and sex by area and the regional division of each statistical reference year, 2003-2020". StatFin. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 2 May 2021.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2021" (PDF). Tax Administration of Finland. 1 December 2020. Retrieved 10 April 2021.
Media related to Siikajoki at Wikimedia Commons