His pupil, Sibylle Ursula von Braunschweig-Lüneburg wrote part of a novel, Die Durchlauchtige Syrerin Aramena (Aramena, the noble Syrian lady), which when complete would be the most famous courtly novel in German Baroque literature; it was finished by her brother Anton Ulrich and edited by Sigmund von Birken.
- German Wikisource has original text related to this article: Sigmund von Birken
- Literature by and about Sigmund von Birken in the German National Library catalogue
- Publications by or about Sigmund von Birken at VD 17
- "Works by Sigmund von Birken". Zeno.org (in German).
- Friedrich Wilhelm Bautz (1975). "Birken (Betulius), Sigmund von". In Bautz, Friedrich Wilhelm (ed.). Biographisch-Bibliographisches Kirchenlexikon (BBKL) (in German). Vol. 1. Hamm: Bautz. cols. 600–601. ISBN 3-88309-013-1.
- Collection of links from the Freie Universität Berlin