Sigalit "Siggy" Flicker (née Paldiel; born June 1, 1967) is an American relationship specialist, matchmaker, television personality and author of Write Your Own Fairy Tale: The New Rules for Dating, Relationships, and Finding Love on Your Terms. She starred in the VH1 reality-television series Why Am I Still Single?! and was a cast member on the seventh and eighth seasons of Bravo's reality-TV show The Real Housewives of New Jersey.
Flicker in 2014
June 1, 1967
|Residence||Tenafly, New Jersey, United States|
|Education||Cherry Hill West High School|
|Alma mater||Monmouth University|
|Home town||Cherry Hill, New Jersey, U.S.|
Mark Flicker (m. 1997–2007)
Michael Campanella (m. 2012)
Flicker was born in Israel to Jewish parents and grew up in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, after moving to the United States as a five-year-old. Her mother named her Sigalit after the Hebrew word for "violet." After graduating from Cherry Hill High School West, she attended Monmouth University. She supported herself as a waitress at TGI Friday's and earned a bachelor of arts degree in communications.
As of 2011, Flicker had been a matchmaker for more than 20 years and has appeared on national TV programs offering relationship advice. After she and her husband of 10 years divorced amicably, she acted as his matchmaker. Later, when she remarried, her ex-husband served as the best man at her second wedding.
Flicker's relationship-advice book Write Your Own Fairy Tale was published by New American Library in September 2015. That same year, she joined the cast of the seventh and eighth seasons of The Real Housewives of New Jersey. On December 22, 2017, Flicker announced she was departing the show.
Flicker has appeared as a guest on television programs, including The Wendy Williams Show, Good Morning America, Dr. Phil, and others. Her advice column, “Single with Siggy,” debuted in the September 2013 issue of Marie Claire. She is known for her loud approach.
Flicker starred in the reality television series Why Am I Still Single?!, which premiered on VH1 on October 16, 2011. Each episode featured two clients, a man and a woman, who were having trouble dating. Flicker sent each client on a test date with one of her recruiters without informing the clients whom they’re dating. She then monitored the date secretly via a remote camera in order to assess their issues. Afterward she gave each client lessons in an effort to improve their dating habits.
- Flowers, Matt. "New Real Housewives star has SJ ties", Courier-Post, June 13, 2016. Accessed November 12, 2016. "Flicker, a graduate of Cherry Hill West, is a self-described 'relationship expert', 'professional matchmaker’, plastic surgery addiction and self-help book author."
- "Matchmaker Siggy Flicker Explains How Why Am I Still Single?! Is Different From Other Dating Shows And How She Got Her Name". VH1. Archived from the original on June 19, 2012. Retrieved November 28, 2014.
- Flicker, Siggy [@siggyflicker] (June 1, 2015). "Happy Birthday to Me!" (Tweet). Archived from the original on December 24, 2017. Retrieved January 11, 2017 – via Twitter.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- Rohan, Virginia (July 6, 2016). "Two new Real Housewives of New Jersey stars want to bring positive light back to show". The Record. Bergen County, New Jersey. Archived from the original on September 18, 2016. Retrieved July 6, 2016.
Flicker's ... century-old Dutch Colonial in Tenafly.... Flicker [was born] in Israel ... 'during [sic] the [June 5–10, 1967] Six Day War in a bomb shelter,' she says...
- “Demi Moore ‘Jealous’ of Ashton Kutcher’s Relationship with Mila Kunis,” ABC News, October 17, 2012.
- Bethany Owings, “Sexy Morning-After Photos Capture Couples’ Wedded Bliss,” ABC News, August 24, 2012.
- Michael Musto, “Still Single? VH1 Matchmaker Siggy Flicker Tells You How to Get Hooked,” The Village Voice, October 26, 2011.
- “A Rare Best Man,” ‘’The New York Post’’, April 27, 2012.
- "Write Your Own Fairy Tale: The New Rules for Dating, Relationships, and Finding Love On Your Terms". Amazon.com. Retrieved 31 May 2015.
- Madeleine Marr, “Get Ready for Valentine Day’s with pointers from VH1 matchmaker,” Miami.com, January 29, 2012.
- Siggy Flicker Talks Losing Touch With Her Jewish Roots and The Importance of Bringing Them Back!
- "Meet Siggy". Archived from the original on July 23, 2014. Retrieved November 28, 2014.
- Neely Steinberg,“Why are you still single? An interview with VH1’s Siggy Flicker,” blastmagazine.com, November 9, 2011.
- Corinthios, Aurelie (December 22, 2017). "Siggy Flicker Leaving the Real Housewives of New Jersey After 2 Seasons". People. United States: Time Inc. Archived from the original on December 23, 2017. Retrieved December 22, 2017.
- Flicker, Siggy. "Just Sayin' Podcast". Siggy Flicker. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
- Nesfeder, Mary Paige (July 31, 2016). "You'll Never Guess Which Jersey Reality Star Co-Hosts a Podcast With Siggy Flicker". Bravo. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
- “Why Am I Still Single?,” Dr. Phil, January 11, 2012.
- "Single with Siggy". Marie Claire. September 2013.
- Linda Stasi, “’Single?!’ answers dating questions,” The New York Post’’, October 12, 2011.
- “VH1 To Present Why Am I Still Single?!,” Broadwayworld.com, October 16, 2011.