Sigard, Count in Luihgau and Hainaut
(Redirected from Sigard, Count of Hainaut)
- 902. The county Sigarhard included Wandre and Esneux in the pagus of Liège (in pago Leuchia in comitatu Sigarhardi).
- 908. He was recorded once as a count who was present agreements made about both Lobbes Abbey (Laubacensum abbatiam), which was described as part of the county and pagus of Hainaut (in pago ac in comitatu Hainuensi sitem), and Theux, which was described as being in the pagus and county of Liège (in pago ac in comitatu Liwensi positum).
- 915. Theux is described as being both in the pagus of Liège and the county of Sigehard (in pago Leuviensi atque in comitatus Sichardi sitam).
- 920. He was also recorded as a "venerable" count in a document concerning Crespin Abbey, concerning a grant.. According to Nonn, the record shows that he had held the land involved.
He was also described three times as a count in the region of Liège.
- Ulrich Nonn (1983) pp.99,102,123fn592,126
- Jackman, Donald C. (2010) Ius hereditarium Encountered I: The Meingaud-Walaho Inheritance.
- Nonn, Ulrich (1983) Pagus und Comitatus
|This biographical article of a European noble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|