Siboniso Gaxa (born 6 April 1984 in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal), nicknamed Pa is a South African retired football defender who played for big clubs such as Ajax Cape Town, Kaizer Chiefs F.C. ,Mamelodi Sundowns F.C. and as Bafana Bafana defender.
|Full name||Siboniso Gaxa|
|Date of birth||6 April 1984|
|Place of birth||Durban, South Africa|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2018||Ajax Cape Town||2||(0)|
|1998–2001||South Africa U17||1||(0)|
|2001–2004||South Africa U20||17||(0)|
*Club domestic league appearances and goals, correct as of 21 March 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals, correct as of 21 March 2018
He hails from KwaMashu, Durban. He was given the nickname "Pa" which is shortened from "Papa" which means "father" because when he was a child he behaved like an adult. He was always very mature.
Gaxa attended the University of Port Elizabeth, which at that time had a football team controlled by Danish side F.C. Copenhagen. However, he was not one of the three players, Elrio van Heerden, Lee Langeveldt and Bongumusa Mthethwa, who made it from the FCK-UPE Academy to F.C. Copenhagen. He is managed by ExtraTime S.L.
In 2002, he moved to Supersport United, where he stayed for six seasons, before joining Mamelodi Sundowns in 2008. In 2010, he moved to Belgian club Lierse. After the 2011–12 season, he was released by the team. On 15 May 2012 Gaxa signed a three-year contract for Kaizer Chiefs with the option to renew for one year. After 99 league appearances and 1 goal for Chiefs, he was released at the end of the 2015–16 season.
Gaxa made his international debut in a 2006 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Cape Verde on 4 June 2005. He was part of South Africa's squad at the 2005 CONCACAF Gold Cup, 2006 African Cup of Nations, 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup, 2010 FIFA World Cup and 2013 African Cup of Nations.
- Premier Soccer League – 2012/13
Premier Soccer League – 2014/15
- "FIFA World Cup South Africa 2010: List of Players" (PDF). FIFA. 4 June 2010. p. 28. Archived from the original (PDF) on 16 June 2010. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- "EXTRA TIME: Former Kaizer Chiefs defender Siboniso Gaxa leads by example with Wits University degree | Goal.com". goal.com.
- "Siboniso Gaxa leaves Lierse for Kaizer Chiefs". Lierse official site. 15 May 2012. Archived from the original on 17 July 2012.
- Siboniso Gaxa at Soccerway. Retrieved 17 January 2021.
- "Gould and Gaxa released by Kaizer Chiefs, Khumalo joins from SuperSport United | Goal.com". goal.com.
- "Former Kaizer Chiefs defender Gaxa joins Bidvest Wits | Goal.com". goal.com.
- "Bidvest Wits decide against renewing Siboniso Gaxa's contract | Goal.com". goal.com.
- "Ajax Cape Town Have Concluded The Signing of Siboniso Gaxa". Soccer Laduma. 2 February 2018.
- "Where is 2010 starting XI now?". The Sowetan.