Sibling Rivalry Press
Sibling Rivalry Press is a small press publishing house based in Little Rock, Arkansas founded by Bryan Borland in 2010. It features both online and print components as well as the non-profit SRP Foundation, which financially supports the arts.
|Parent company||Sibling Rivalry Press (Independent Publisher)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||Little Rock, Arkansas|
|Key people||Michael Klein (writer)|
|Publication types||Assaracus(Literary Journal)|
Bryan Borland originally conceived of Sibling Rivalry Press as a venue through which to disseminate his personal collection of poetry, but decided to expand it to encompass other authors whose work focused on similar themes. Authors since published by Sibling Rivalry Press include Ocean Vuong, winner of a 2014 Pushcart Prize, Michael Klein of Goddard College, Matthew Hittinger, Dorothy Allison, the deaf poet Raymond Luczak, the novelist Bushra Rehman, and "Lambda Literary Award Winner and Thom Gunn Award for Gay Poetry Finalist" Stephen S. Mills.
The SRP website describes its purpose as catering to queer writers of poetry, albeit not exclusively. The press is "home to Assaracus, the world’s only print journal of gay male poetry and one of Library Journal‘s 'Best New Magazines,'" as well as Jonathan, a "journal of gay fiction, and Adrienne, a "poetry journal of queer women. The American Library Association has honored nine" of SRP's titles...on its annual list of recommended LGBT reading."
- Enduring Azucares, by ire'ne lara silva (SRP 2015)
- The Queer South: LGBTQ Writers on the American South, Edited by Douglas Ray (SRP, 2014)
- This Assignment Is So Gay: LGBTIQ Poets On The Art of Teaching, Edited by Megan Volpert
- Corona by Bushra Rehman (SRP 2013)
- He Do the Gay Man in Different Voices, by Stephen S. Mills (SRP 2013), winner of the 2013 Lambda Literary Award
- When the Only Light is Fire by Saeed Jones (SRP 2011) 
- My Life as Adam, by Bryan Borland (SRP 2010)
- Burnings, by Ocean Vuong (SRP 2010)