Siam BTS station
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Siam station (Thai: สถานีสยาม, RTGS: Sathani Sayam, pronounced [sā.tʰǎː.nīː sā.jǎːm]) is the cross-platform interchange station for the BTS Skytrain in Pathum Wan District, Bangkok, Thailand. The largest and busiest station on the BTS with 40,000–50,000 passengers per day, it is where passengers on the Sukhumvit and Silom Lines change trains.
|Location||Pathum Wan, Bangkok, Thailand|
|Owned by||Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA)|
|Operated by||Bangkok Mass Transit System|
Public Company Limited (BTSC)
|Opened||5 December 1999|
Siam station is one of two BTS stations utilising an island platform, the other being Samrong. At Siam, this is to facilitate transfer between lines, while at Samrong it's to be a transfer point when the extension was a separate line on trail run, it's pointless nowaday. The upper level allows transfer between trains heading to Mo Chit and the National Stadium. The lower interchange level allows transfers between trains heading to Bang Wa and Kheha.
The station is located on Rama I Road to the west of Pathum Wan intersection in the heart of Siam District. The station is linked via skybridges to the Siam Square One, Siam Paragon, Siam Centre and Centerpoint of Siam Square shopping centres. It is also adjacent to Siam Square. Additionally, an elevated walkway (called Sky Walk) connects Siam station to Central World Plaza, the Ratchaprasong junction and Chit Lom station.
|Platform 2||Sukhumvit Line towards Ha Yaek Lat Phrao (←)|
|Island platform, Sukhumvit Line, the doors open at left|
Silom Line, the doors open at right
|Platform 4||Silom Line towards National Stadium (←)|
|Platform 1||Sukhumvit Line towards Kheha (→)|
|Island platform, Sukhumvit Line, the doors open at right|
Silom Line, the doors open at left
|Platform 3||Silom Line towards Bang Wa (→)|
|Concourse||Ticket offices, Ticket machines, Shops, Tourist information centre|
|-||Rama I Road, Henri Dunant Road and Siam Square|
|Bus stops, Lido Multiplex, Scala Theatre, Novotel Hotel, Wat Pathum Wanaram, Royal Thai Police, Thai Police General Hospital, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Faculty of Dentistry of Chulalongkorn University|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Siam Station.|
- "Service Routes : BTSC". www.bts.co.th. Retrieved 2016-04-02.
- "CentralWorld : The Largest Lifestyle Shopping Destination in Bangkok". CentralWorld : The Largest Lifestyle Shopping Destination in Bangkok. Retrieved 2016-04-02.
- Emedia.co.th. "Siam Piwat title". Auntie. Retrieved 2016-04-02.
- "SIAMPARAGON". www.siamparagon.co.th. Retrieved 2016-04-02.
- "Ratchaprasong-Bangkok-Thailand". Depend. Retrieved 2016-04-02.
- "Siam Square - Siam-Square.com". Siam-Square.com. Retrieved 2016-04-02.
- "APEX". www.apexsiam-square.com. Archived from the original on 2016-04-07. Retrieved 2016-04-02.
- "จุฬาลงกรณ์มหาวิทยาลัย". จุฬาลงกรณ์มหาวิทยาลัย. Retrieved 2016-04-02.
|This article related to the city of Bangkok, Thailand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Thai railroad station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|