Shweta Shetty (also known as Shwetaa in nickname) is an Indian pop singer known for her albums and for her contributions to Bollywood film soundtracks. Her most remix hit song is "Q-Funk" from the album Oorja in 1995.
|Other names||Shwetaa (Nickname)|
|Associated acts||Biddu, Sarah Brightman, Gregorian and Jam & Spoon|
Life and careerEdit
Shetty was married to a German, Christian Brandt.
Shweta launched a brand new single Daro Na feat. Delhi based Music Producer Addy S during the pandemic which was shot and edited at home while in lockdown.
|Year||Album details||Track list|
|1990||Shweta - The Album
|1995||Shweta – The New Album and Other Hits|
- "Mangta Hai Kya" from Rangeela (1995)
- "Kaale Kaale Baal" from Ziddi (1997)
- "Main Deewani Main Mastani" from Bandhan (1998)
- "Tote Tote Ho Gaya" from Bichhoo (2000)
- "Lambo" from cancelled video game Lamborghini (2003)
- Daro Na feat. Addy S (2020)
- Jalne Mein Hain Mazaa (Addy S Version) ( 2021)
- Kumar, Anuj (3 June 2003). "Shweta's sequenced Saajna". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 26 June 2003. Retrieved 21 May 2010.CS1 maint: unfit URL (link)
- "'90s pop star Shweta Shetty reveals why she left singing career; opens up on low phase in Germany". Priyanka Kaul. Times Now. 31 March 2021. Retrieved 28 September 2021.
- "Exclusive interview! Shweta Shetty on disco version of 'Jalne Mein Hai Mazaa': Sometimes it takes 26 years to realise a dream". Milana Rao. The Times of India. 26 March 2021. Retrieved 28 September 2021.
- "Singer Shweta Shetty is making a comeback after 20 years, reveals what kept her away from the music scene". A. Kameshwari. The Indian Express. 29 March 2021. Retrieved 28 September 2021.
- "Singer Shweta Shetty speaks up about how Bollywood had banned her". Debarati S Sen. The Times of India. 19 June 2020. Retrieved 28 September 2021.
- "Award Winners". Screen. Archived from the original on 22 October 1999. Retrieved 2 October 2019.
- "Shetty deewane about Hamburg". DNA India. 15 June 2006. Retrieved 15 July 2020.