Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra
श्री राम जन्मभूमि तीर्थ क्षेत्र
|Purpose||Construction and management of Shri Ram Temple in Ayodhya|
|Headquarters||R-20, Greater Kailash Part -1, New Delhi|
|Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh|
|Mahant Nrityagopal Das|
It was created as per the verdict of the Supreme Court on the M Siddiq(D) Thr Lrs v/s Mahant Suresh Das & Ors case. The court directed the central government to set up a trust to oversee and manage the construction of the temple within three months of the judgement. PM Narendra Modi announced the formation of the trust in the Lok Sabha on 5 February 2020.
The trust was awarded the disputed 2.77 acre land as well as the 67.703 acre land acquired under the Acquisition of Certain Area at Ayodhya Act, 1993 following the Supreme Court verdict in this regard.
The central government nominated the 12 of 15 members of the trust. Kesava Parasaran, the former Attorney General who represented Shri Ram Lalla Virajmaan in the Ayodhya Case, was made the acting chairman. On 19 February 2020, the trust nominated the rest of its members and elected Mahant Nrityagopal Das as the chairman.
The senior trustees had signed an agreement with C.B. Sompura in 1992 for architecture design services was revalidated with additional provisions. In November 2020, the trust appointed Larsen & Toubro as the design & build contractor and Tata Consulting Engineers as the project manager consultant for the construction of the temple. In February 2020, further contracts were signed with Tata Consulting Engineers and Design Associates Inc. for the development of the 67 acre temple complex.
Composition of TrusteesEdit
The trust will have 15 members, of which 9 are permanent and 6 are nominated members with each member must be a practicing Hindu.
- K. Parasaran :- represented Shri Ram Lalla Virajmaan
- four religious leaders from various temples across India
- A representative from the Nirmohi Akhara
- two prominent civilians from Ayodhya district
- A dalit representative
- two prominent persons to be elected by the trust through majority resolution to be part of the trust
- One representative to be nominated by the central government, who will be an IAS officer, at least of joint secretary level
- One representative to be nominated by the state government and would be an IAS officer under the state government
- District Magistrate of Ayodhya will be the ex-officio trustee (If serving DM is not a Hindu then the additional magistrate will sit on the board)
- The chairman of the construction committee of Ram Temple complex will also be selected by the trust board and will be an ex-officio trustee
The temple trust set-up by the government was initially headed by Parasaran was tasked to nominate the remaining three members. On 19 February 2020, the first meeting of trust held at the residence of Parasaran, elected Ram Janmabhoomi Nyas' chief, Mahant Nrityagopal Das Ji Maharaj as the Chairman and VHP vice-president, Champat Rai as the General Secretary. Both of them were elected unanimously to the trust. Former IAS officer and Principal Secretary, Nripendra Mishra was nominated as the Chairman of the construction committee. Currently, Swami Govind Dev Giri Ji Maharaj is the Treasurer and K. Parasaran is the Senior Spokesperson of the trust.
Of 15, only 11 trustees have voting rights. The two officers appointed by the state and central government, district collector of Ayodhya and the representative of Nirmohi Akhara will not have any voting rights in the proceedings of the trust.
List of ChairpersonsEdit
|S. No.||Portrait||Name||Took Office||Left Office||Term||Background|
|Acting||K. Parasaran||5 February 2020||19 February 2020||14 days||Former Attorney General of India|
|1||Mahant Nritya Gopal Das||19 February 2020||Incumbent||1 year, 54 days||Chief of Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Nyas
Chief of Shri Krishna Janmasthan Seva Sansthan.
Chief of Mani Ram Das ki Chavani
- "Members – Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra".
- https://www.timesnownews.com/india/article/ram-mandir-construction-likely-to-begin-in-august-a-list-of-ram-janmabhoomi-teerth-kshetra-trust-members/623246. Missing or empty
- "Official website of Shri Ram Janmabhoomi Tirtha Kshetra Trust starts operating". news.abplive.com. 18 June 2020.
- Saha New, Poulomi (5 February 2020). "Sri Ram Janmabhoomi Teerth Kshetra: PM Modi announces formation of Ayodhya temple trust". India Today.
- Varma,Anuja, Gyan (5 February 2020). "Modi announces 15-member trust for temple in Ayodhya". Livemint.
- "Explained: Story of 67 acres in Ayodhya adjoining Babri site, now with Ram temple trust". 7 February 2020.
- Gupta, Moushumi Das (5 February 2020). "Lawyer K Parasaran, 92, who represented Hindus in SC, to head Ram temple trust". ThePrint. Retrieved 28 October 2020.
- "Who is Mahant Nritya Gopal Das, head of Ram Janmabhoomi Nyas". The Week.
- "Shri Ram Janmbhoomi Teerth Kshetra Official Web Site". Shri Ram Janmbhoomi Teerth Kshetra. Retrieved 17 February 2021.
- Jitendra Bahadur Singh Sanjay Sharma. "Ram Temple Trust: God's advocate, Nirmohi Akhara, Dalit get seat on board, check full list - India News". indiatoday.in. Retrieved 15 December 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Hebbar, Nistula (19 February 2020). "Ram temple trust elects Nritya Gopal Das as president". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 27 October 2020.
- "Ayodhya saints at loggerheads with Champat Rai for comment on Shiv Sena chief". Hindustan Times. 15 September 2020. Retrieved 27 October 2020.
- www.ETGovernment.com. "Former IAS Nripendra Misra to head committee for Ram Mandir construction in Ayodhya - ET Government". ETGovernment.com. Retrieved 27 October 2020.
- "Members". Shri Ram Janmbhoomi Teerth Kshetra. Retrieved 27 October 2020.
- "Ram temple in Ayodhya: Parasaran first trustee, 15-member Trust office has his home address". The Indian Express. 6 February 2020. Retrieved 27 October 2020.