|Born||12 June 1962|
|Years active||1993 to present|
|Spouse(s)||Debu Deodhar (married in 1981 until his death in 2010)|
|Children||Sai Deodhar (daughter)|
|Awards||National Film Award for "Best Marathi Feature Film"|
Dedhar has no formal training as a filmmaker. Her parents were both doctors, and she concedes that her filmmaking knowledge came from her husband, cinematographer Debu Deodhar. He advised she combines the sciences of what goes on behind-the-camera with that of motion pictures, and encouraged her to take film appreciation courses at the Film and Television Institute of India in Pune so as tmodo pursue her wish to become a filmmaker. He worked with her on her very first film, and with her on every one of her projects before she created Sata Lota Pan Sagla Khota.
Dedhar was slated to direct the upcoming Sugar, Salt Ani Prem for writer/producer Sonali Bangera, but when she chose to leave the project due to personal issues, Bangera opted to direct the film herself.
She recently completed work on Sata Lota Pan Sagla Khota which is expected for release November 2014. Deodhar related that she conceived the idea before Rohit Shetty became a film director, and that while she intended to make the film "years ago", due to personal issues surrounding her husband's death in 2010, production was held off for four years. Her daughter Sai Deodhar encouraged her mother to consider the changes in Indian film industry during her four-year absence from filmmaking and move forward, resulting Shrabani's decision to use a younger set of actors for Stat Lota.
Deodhar is a creative director for Star Pravah and is on the jury of the 14th Indian Television Academy Awards. She has plans to make additional films in both the Hindi and Bengali languages.
- 1993, won National Film Award's Silver Lotus for 'Best Marathi Feature Film" for her first film, Lapandav.
- 1998, won Filmfare Award for Sarkarnama
- 1998, won Screen Award for Sarkarnama
- 1998, won Maharashtra State Film Award for Sarkarnama
- 1998, nominated for V. Shantaram Award for Sarkarnama
- 2000, won Maharashtra State Film Award for Lekhru'
- 2000, won Hollywood Award for Lekhru
- staff (6 June 2012). "Birthday celebrations of Shrabani Deodhar". Solaris Images. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- Karia, Sangeetaa (8 July 2003). "Identity of her own". The Hindu. Retrieved 16 November 2014.
- Dasgupta, Sagorika (25 October 2014). "Today, it's more about the commerce than the craft". Box Office India. Retrieved 16 November 2014.
- Pradhan, Bharathi S. (19 September 2010). "Big Mom of Bollywood". The Telegraph. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- staff. "Best Marathi Feature Film, 1993". Awards and Shows. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- Kulkarni, Pooja (3 April 2014). "Sonali dons directors hat after Shrabani Deodhar quits project". Times of India. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- staff (4 May 2013). "Star Pravah to Distribute Mahesh Manjrekar's 'Kokanastha'". International Business Times. Retrieved 16 November 2014.
- staff (11 October 2014). "14th Indian Television Academy Awards to be held Nov 1". Big News Network. Retrieved 14 November 2014.