Shorty McShorts' Shorts
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Shorty McShorts' Shorts|
|Created by||Barry Blumberg|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||13 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||4–5 minutes|
|Production company||Walt Disney Television Animation|
|Distributor||Buena Vista Television|
|Original network||Disney Channel|
|Original release||July 28, 2006 –|
May 25, 2007
The host of the show is Shorty McShorts. His name is often shortened to "Shorty" or "SMS", which appears on the hat that he wears. He also wears blue shorts and is the train conductor for his own Short Line. He appeared in advertisements for the show and in the introduction and conclusion of each short. He does not appear in any of the shorts.
The show takes form of a Saturday morning cartoon, as the shorts that are shown could very well be installments of their own miniseries. The Boyz on Da Run shorts appear in a certain order and have three episodes attached as a miniseries. The other episodes do belong to their own miniseries, but the way the shorts are set up suggests that more installments under the same name could be produced.
The series mainly received mixed reviews. Episodes premiered week after week until the 6th episode. The third part of the "Boyz on Da Run" miniseries was the last episode of Season 1, having aired on September 29, 2006.
The show went into hiatus until April 2007. During the meantime, another short series, Minuscule, filled in as a substitute for Shorty McShorts' Shorts during its hiatus. The second season was on air for only a limited time, as it aired new episodes only for one month straight (April 20, 2007 - May 25, 2007).
Shorty McShorts' Shorts was last shown in May 2007, before being completely cancelled. Reruns were rarely shown, and were used mainly as time slot fillers until they stopped airing altogether.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||7||July 28, 2006||September 29, 2006|
|2||6||April 20, 2007||May 25, 2007|
Season 1 (2006)Edit
|Title||Created by||First aired||Plot|
|1||1||"Dudley and Nestor Do Nothing"||Stephen Holman and Josephine T. Huang||July 28, 2006||Dudley and Nestor go on a field trip to a space center, accidentally launching into space on their way to the bathroom, which leads to them indirectly saving the world from an oncoming asteroid that would've collided with Earth.|
|2||2||"My Mom Married a Yeti"||Dennis Messner||August 4, 2006||April and Izzy, the children of a scientist who married a yeti, fear their parents embarrassing them at a school dance. They both end up with popular kids, but things take a turn for the worse when Og goes berserk and climbs onto the roof of the school, in an attempt to "protect" his children from "predators."|
|3||3||"Bozzlebags' Zip"||David Smith||August 11, 2006||After his father changes jobs and becomes the mailman for a children's show host, a disgruntled 12-year-old boy named Collin and his family move to Bozzlebags' Zip, much to his frustration once they arrive.|
|4||4||"The Phabulizers"||Van Partible||August 18, 2006||A group that makes people fabulous tries to turn a dorky kid fabulous.|
|5||5||"Boyz on Da Run (Part 1)"||Rob Reger and Brian Brooks||August 25, 2006||Fans find out a hit boy band is lip synching and the band has to go into hiding.|
|6||6||"Boyz on Da Run (Part 2)"||September 8, 2006||The boys run into a little diner and decide that they will work there.|
|7||7||"Boyz on Da Run (Part 3)"||September 29, 2006||The boys run into Canada and get thrown in prison.|
Note: Part 4 of Boyz on Da Run was planned, but didn’t come to pass before Disney Channel quickly pulled the show after May 2007.
Season 2 (2007)Edit
|Title||Created by||First aired||Plot|
|8||1||"Too Many Robots!"||Attaboy||April 20, 2007||Digit is a sweet country girl who earned a scholarship to study in a city school and has been sent to live with her mad scientist uncle, his family and his robot inventions. She isn't very happy about this, especially after a pair of self-dancing robotic shoes ruin her school dance, but after a transforming robot turns into a DJ and she dances with her crush, Matt, she starts to warm up to them a bit.|
|9||2||"Troy Ride"||Brumby Boylston, Chris Dooley, Bucky Fukumoto, and Brian Won||April 27, 2007||Three aliens from space have crashed on earth. Their spaceship is destroyed, so they create a robot boy to try to get to a space station. Unfortunately, they are forced to attend school. They try to get moon shoes from a comic book so they can get back home, but run into trouble with a school bully, the principal, the truant officer and a broken "nerve" (a rope).|
|10||3||"SheZow!"||Obie Scott Wade||May 4, 2007||Guy becomes a superhero when he puts on his Aunt Agnes' magic ring. He then turns into a female superhero named SheZow, much to the amusement of his (presumably) twin sister Kelly. To make matters worse, by putting on the ring he has chosen to be SheZow, and it cannot be removed. As SheZow, he saves his friend Jose from bullies, but Jose develops a crush on his female form.|
|11||4||"Mascot Prep"||Chip Wass||May 11, 2007||A freshman named Kevin tries to fit in at a school of mascots and find his jingle.|
|12||5||"The Imperfect Duplicates of Dodger Dare"||Andy Suriano||May 18, 2007||Dodger Dare finds a photocopier that makes duplicates of him, however the duplicates are imperfect in some way and can be destroyed by water. Unaware that his best friend Beauty has a crush on him, he clones himself so he doesn't have to talk to his date, but the clones get out of control.|
|13||6||"Flip-Flopped"||Jill Mazursky||May 25, 2007||Set in a world where humans age backwards, child parents Andy and Taffy try to leave their adult children home alone for a night. However, paranoia between the children about robbers and adults about the house being destroyed leads to Andy's son calling the police, and Taffy knocking out her husband after mistaking him for an intruder. Series Finale|
Dudley and Nestor Do NothingEdit
- Dudley: One of the main characters. He has blonde hair and a higher pitched voice than his friend Nestor. He likes to drink soda.
- Nestor: One of the main characters. He has black hair and a more mellow voice than his friend Dudley. He is very loyal to Dudley, and likes to have fun with him.
- The Kodama Twins: Two identical twin sisters who annoy Dudley and Nestor. Because they are named after the kodama spirits from Japanese mythology, they are clearly of Japanese descent.
- Mr. Whizzy: Dudley and Nestor's teacher.
My Mom Married a YetiEdit
- Og (Dad): A yeti who loves corn. He is originally from the woods but left after meeting and marrying a "hairless woman". He has weak self-control and often lets his instincts get the best of them. Although he sometimes questions his decision of leaving the woods, he still loves his wife and children. He is very protective of his children, seeing them as the animals he once defended.
- Mom: A biologist who studies animals in their natural habitat, which led to her meeting Og. She often has to remind Og that they are married and have a family when his wild instincts kick in.
- April: A young girl who wears braces and a brown jacket and is terrified of her father embarrassing her. She clearly takes after her mother.
- Izzy: April's younger brother who shares her fear of embarrassment. He takes after his father as he is completely covered with hair.
- Admiral Bozzlebags: A man who is often called creepy, Admiral Bozzlebags is in charge of an island called Bozzlebags' Zip. He stars in a children's show of the same name whose events are in fact real. Bozzlebags can come up with a song in 10 seconds and forces others to do so.
- Colin Mailmin: A grumpy 12-year-old boy whose life was turned around when he and his family moved to Bozzlebags' Zip.
- Fred Mailmin: A man who works for a mail company that transferred him to an island to work for Admiral Bozzlebags.
- Ayako Mailmin: A Japanese woman who is the wife of Fred Mailmin. She will occasionally use Japanese linguistics. She can be scary at times.
- Gerdy Mailmin: Colin's little sister. She, like her mom and dad, enjoys Bozzlebags' show. She thinks Bozzlebags is funny.
- Doug: Admiral Bozzlebags' pet parrot.
- Oki-Dokee: Oki-Dokee is the blonde girl in charge of Fashion and Popularity. She has her own designs.
- Boomer: Boomer likes extreme sports, and is in charge of Fitness and Demolition.
- Jimbob: Jimbob is a large muscular man whose hair seems to blow constantly, even without wind. In charge of Attitude and Esteem.
- Hunky-D: Hunky-D is a talking beaver in charge of Carpentry and Feng Shui.
- Phil Kennedy
Boyz on Da RunEdit
- Donny: Donny is the very tall Asian member with the glasses and white/orange clothes. He speaks with hip-hop slang and uses many hand gestures. He could be considered the de facto leader.
- Frankie: Frankie is the large member with purple/white clothes. He is Italian-American and speaks with a thick Brooklyn accent. He is the most clueless about life without fame.
- Ricky: Ricky is the short Hispanic member who mostly lip-synced the song "I Would Never Lie to You". He has red/white clothes. He doesn't appear very smart and gets upset easily.
- Skylar: Skylar is the skinny Caucasian member with the white/blue shirt, blond hair, and blue eyes. He is polite and trusting to a fault, which lead to Cameron calling him a "mama's boy" and appears to be the "cutest" member out of all of them and possibly the favorite.
- Cameron: Cameron is the Black member of the group. He has white/green clothes, a bandage on his cheek and platform shoes. He wears a white hat and a green necklace that looks like a C. He is the smartest member of DBFYC.
- Stu: Stu is the manager of DBFYC. He told the boys to lip-sync and never thought of the consequences.
- Cory: Cory is Chinese, and the master of dance. He tried to get the Boyz to work on their dance moves, until Stu told the boys to get on stage. Cory appears when the Boyz need help. He seems to be able to shapeshift, as he appears in a different form every time he appears.
Too Many RobotsEdit
- Digit: A 12 year old country girl who has been sent to live with her extended family. Having lived in the country all her life, she didn't know WHAT to think when she met her family and their robots. She loves her family, she just wishes there weren't so many robots.
- Roboat: A giant robot who is capable of shapeshifting into anything necessary, although he prefers being a toaster. He has a habit of falling in love with inanimate objects.
- Matt: A handsome, popular boy at school and the object of Digit's schoolgirl crush. He seems to like her as well.
- Uncle Toupe: A mad scientist, he is supposedly retired, but he cannot resist creating an evil invention every now and then. He often breaks into evil laughter, which has to be stopped by his wife.
- Digit's aunt: A kind woman, she tries to give her niece some semblance of a normal life. She has to remind her husband whenever he breaks into evil laughter. She is always seen carrying Digit's unnamed baby cousin in her arms.
- Monte Cosmo: A red alien who is the voice of Troy. He speaks with a Spanish accent.
- Shapiro: An orange alien who is in charge of maintenance.
- Duley: A yellow alien who speaks an unknown language, he controls Troy's arms and legs. He loves eating.
- Troy: A robot built by Monte Cosmo, Shapiro and Duley in order to get to a space station. Unfortunately, they made him too small, causing Fabian to mistake him for a child. His creators being aliens, he is naive about human customs, which leads to all manner of mishaps.
- Sandy: A big dumb bully who enjoys picking on Troy.
- P.J. Fabian: The school's truant officer who takes his job VERY seriously. He dislikes children, and seems to really dislike Troy.
- Lance: Troy's nerdy friend who is often the source of information that could help the aliens get home.
- Guy: A rough, tough boy who becomes the female SheZow, much to his dismay. He hates turning into a "sissy girl", but cannot do anything about it due to being unable to remove the ring.
- Kelly: Guy's sister who is a huge fan of SheZow. She is very much amused when her brother transforms into a girl, but often helps him out with information from her comics.
- Jose: A flamboyant Hispanic boy, who is Guy's best friend. He is often picked on by bullies due to his personality. After being saved by SheZow, he develops a crush on her, but is unaware that "she" is really his best friend Guy.
- SheZow: A superhero from Kelly's comics. Her known powers are a Super Slap (where her hand grows big), a sonic scream and a laser lipstick. A stereotypical feminine girl who loves pink and other girly things. Her powers stem from her magic ring.
- Kevin: A blue humanoid mascot with no product. When he first arrives, he is called a loser and gets blamed for starting a food fight. This changes when he befriends Germs, and they come up with an advertising jingle.
- Germs: A green blob-like mascot. He has no friends, and is always getting detention. He has a talented voice, however, and puts it to use when he and Kevin create an advertising jingle. He ends up befriending Kevin.
- Skunks: Two unnamed skunk girls, one smaller than the other, who appear to be the most popular girls in school. They are the ones who started calling Kevin "loser." Out of all the mascots in class, the tall skunk is the only one who is not impressed by the jingle.
- Glen: A cellular phone.
- Mr. Hoffenfoffer
The Imperfect Duplicates of Dodger DareEdit
- Dodger Dare: A 12-year-old boy who has one big interest: girls. He dreams about them morning, noon and night. However, he has never been good at balancing girls and school, so when he found the photocopier, it seemed that all his dreams had come true. He is always chasing girls, and is oblivious to the fact his best friend has a crush on him.
- Beauty: Dodger's best friend, and the only girl who is interested in him on a long-term basis. Dodger never notices her crush on him, however. She is the only person other than Dodger to know about the photocopier.
- Amber: One of Dodger's many love interests.
- Dodger's clones: Clones created by the photocopier, all of them are imperfect in some way, but this is never noticed by anyone other than Dodger and Beauty. Clones have included a pig-like boy, a giant, a boy with his arms and legs reversed and a muscle-jawed boy. They can be destroyed by water.
- Andy: A boy who is a father.
- Taffy: A girl who is a mother.
- Danielle: A lady who is a daughter.
- Duke: A man who is a son.
- "Shorty McShorts' Shorts: Mascot Prep". Tv.com. Retrieved 26 August 2018.