Sholay: The Making of a Classic
Sholay: The Making of a Classic is a 2000 book written by Anupama Chopra on a Bollywood classic Sholay (1975). The book was released in 2000 by Penguin Books India. The book is based on the making of the film shooting. The book initially sold 10,000 copies, and won the 2001 National Film Award for Best Book on Cinema.
|Publisher||Penguin Books India|
|Awards||'Best Book On Film' Year 2000|
The book is an inside look at the film's production, based on interviews with the director, stars, and crew members.
- "Why Sholay still works". ibn live. Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- Username * (1 December 2000). "Sholay : The Making Of A Classic". Penguin Books India. Retrieved 31 March 2012.
- "The Khan Story". The Hindu. Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- "'They call my book a fanalysis'". India Abroad, accessed via HighBeam Research. 17 October 2003. Archived from the original on 29 June 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- "What you didn't know about SRK". rediff. Retrieved 16 January 2012.
- "48th National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals.
- Sholay from University of Iowa Archived 2015-01-02 at the Wayback Machine
|This article about a non-fiction book on film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|