Shivala Temple, Mangla Dam
The Shivala Temple is located under the water of Mangla Dam, Mirpur District, Azad Jammu and Kashmir, Pakistan. This temple is dedicated to Shiva You cannot see this temple because the temple is sunk in Mangla Dam. The remains of Old Mirpur are now under the waters of the Mangla Dam. As water levels recede, the remains of old houses and Hindu Temples reappear too.
Mangla Dam was constructed primarily as the backbone of the natural economy and a replacement for the depleted eastern river flows. The water that was released in 1967 submerged the whole of Old Mirpur city and 260 villages.
- Thakur, Kamal (2020). Temples of Pakistan: Balochistan, Azad Jammu & Kashmir, Islamabad Capital Territory and Gilgit-Baltistan (Volume - I). Notion Press. p. 102. ISBN 978-1636062419.
- Prakhar Gupta (29 March 2016). "Are there any Hindus left in the Pakistan Administered Kashmir (Azad Kashmir)?". Retrieved 1 October 2020.
- Cam Broadcast. "A City under the water - Old Mirpur city Inside the Mangla Dam AJK". YouTube. Retrieved 1 October 2020.
- DAWN. "Old Mirpur Azad Kashmir PKG". YouTube (in Hindi). Retrieved 1 October 2020.
- Cam Broadcast. "Darbar and Mandir inside dry Mangla Dam Mirpur Azad Kashmir". YouTube. Retrieved 1 October 2020.
- Trip Advisor. "Old Hindu Temple Mandar". Retrieved 1 October 2020.