"Shisha" is a single by Lebanese Canadian singer Massari. It is the third single off his first EP Hero. The song was released on May 21, 2013 and features vocals from Moroccan American rapper French Montana. The song peaked at number 37 on the Canadian Hot 100. It received a Gold certification from Music Canada, denoting sales of 40,000 units in that country.
|Single by Massari featuring French Montana|
|from the EP Hero|
|Released||May 21, 2013|
|Massari singles chronology|
|French Montana singles chronology|
The video was directed by Canadian director RT! and made its premiere on MuchMusic's New.Music.Live. on July 4. The video features Massari's manager Manny Dion around the 0:25 mark in the video. The video follows a Middle Eastern theme with Massari and French Montana smoking shishas, various numbers of women wearing Indian garb dancing with a sunlit curtain in the background and a lion. Intercut in the video are scenes of the Palace of Culture and Science from Warsaw, the Burj Al Arab from Dubai and the CN Tower from Toronto set in the nighttime.
The song debuted at number 78 on the week of June 28, 2013. Ten weeks later, it peaked at number 37 on the week of August 24, 2013. It spent a total of 19 weeks on the chart.
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||37|
|Canada (Music Canada)||Gold||40,000|
Sales+streaming figures based on certification alone.
- "MuchMusic - Massari on New.Music.Live". YouTube. August 28, 2013. Retrieved October 28, 2013.
- "Massari Drops "Shisha" Music Video". 613 Style. August 5, 2013. Retrieved October 28, 2013.
- "Interview with Massari: On Set of "Shisha" feat. French Montana". BestFan. August 26, 2013. Retrieved October 28, 2013.
- "Massari and French Montana - Shisha". aCharts.co. Retrieved February 6, 2014.
- "Massari Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved October 28, 2013.
- "Canadian single certifications – Massari – Shisha". Music Canada.