Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi
|Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi|
|Directed by||Bela Bhansali Sehgal|
|Produced by||Sanjay Leela Bhansali
Sunil A Lulla
|Written by||Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
|Music by||Jeet Gannguli|
|Edited by||Bela Bhansali Sehgal
|Distributed by||Bhansali Productions
|122 minutes approx.|
|Box office||₹94.8 million (US$1.4 million)
(1 week domestic)
Farhad Pastakia (Boman Irani) has a dream job as a bra-and-panty salesman. Except that he is a 45-year-old Parsi bachelor still living with his overbearing mother and grandmother. But it’s not like he’s stopped trying. Desperate to get him married, Farhad’s mother drags him to see women and even to embarrassing Parsi matrimony services.
In the midst of all the daily humdrum, Farhad meets the woman of his dreams: Shirin Fugawala (Farah Khan), who drops by his store. Shirin, who works at the Parsi Trust, hits it off with Farhad from the start. Everything seems to be perfect and Farhad gets ready to introduce Shirin to his mother. But mummy becomes the villain in their story when she discovers that Shirin is the devious Parsi Trust Secretary who got the illegal water tank in their home demolished. The water tank being the 'aakhri nishaani' of Farhad’s late father doesn’t help matters.
The ups and downs in Shirin-Farhad’s relationship and how the two try to make it work is the rest of the journey.
The proposal scene in the movie where Shrin accidentally swallows a diamond ring was plagiarized from an episode of Two and a Half Men where Chelsie swallows a diamond ring that Charlie Harper had put in her champagne glass.
|Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi|
|Soundtrack album Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi by Jeet Ganguly|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Producer||Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi was released on 24 August 2012.
Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi received positive to mixed critical reactions. Sukanya Verma of Rediff gave the movie 3.5/5, commenting that "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi certainly makes for a welcome break from farcical exaggerations. What sets this delightful love story apart is that it is woven around two 40-plus Parsis, who neither face the hurdle of age nor community." Rajeev Masand of CNN-IBN gave the movie 3/5, concluding that "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi is a charming film made with heart. Give it a chance, you won’t be disappointed." Shomini Sen of Zee News gave the movie 3/5, stating that "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi makes you smile and laugh with each of its characters and their crazy, confusing ways. It will remind you of the bygone era when things were simpler." Aniruddha Guha of DNA India gave the movie 3/5, saying that "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi demands little of you and delivers enough for you to not grudge spending time and money on it." Aakanksha Naval-Shetye of DNA India gave the movie 3/5, stating that "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi is too sweet and too simple, but makes for a fun watch." Madhureeta Mukherjee of The Times of India gave the movie 3/5, concluding that "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi is no epic love tale, but it's worth a watch for those who like their cinema as buttered as their bun maska." Saibal Chatterjee of NDTV gave the movie 2.5/5, commenting that "Shirin Farhad Ki To Nikal Padi is warm-hearted and generally watchable without being exhilarating." Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama gave the movie 3.5/5, saying that "SHIRIN FARHAD KI TOH NIKAL PADI is a simple, unfussy and heartfelt movie that hits the right notes." Salman Khan praised the movie and told at least once it is watchable.
Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi had a good opening at the box office at 20%, collecting ₹16.0 million (US$240,000) in its first day. The movie collected ₹60 million (US$890,000) in its first weekend, collecting ₹19.0 million (US$280,000) in its second day and ₹25.0 million (US$370,000) in its third day. The film collected ₹94.8 million (US$1.4 million) nett in week one.
- "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi Week One Territorial Breakdown.The collection seems to rise in next week". boxofficeindia. Retrieved 3 August 2012.
- "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi". Bollywood Hungama.
- Sukanya Verma. "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi review: Forty, fabulous and feel good!".
- Rajeev Masand. "Masand: 'Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi' is made with a lot of heart".
- Shomini Sen. "Review: 'Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi' is a laugh riot all the way!".
- Aniruddha Guha. "Aniruddha Guha reviews: Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi is sweet and simplistic".
- Aakanksha Naval-Shetye. "The After Hrs review: Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi".
- Madhureeta Mukherjee. "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi Review – The Times of India".
- Saibal Chatterjee. "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi Review – NDTV".
- Taran Adarsh. "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi Review – Bollywood Hungama".
- "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi Has Poor Opening". Box Office India.
- "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi Has Dull Opening". Box Office India.
- "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi First Day Business". Box Office India.
- "Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi Has Flat Weekend". Box Office India.