Shire of Ravensthorpe
The Shire of Ravensthorpe is a local government area in the southern Goldfields-Esperance region of Western Australia, about halfway between the city of Albany and the town of Esperance and about 530 kilometres (329 mi) southeast of the state capital, Perth. The Shire covers an area of 13,551 square kilometres (5,232 sq mi), and its seat of government is the town of Ravensthorpe.
|Shire of Ravensthorpe|
|Population||1,733 (2016 census)|
|• Density||0.12789/km2 (0.33122/sq mi)|
|Area||13,551.1 km2 (5,232.1 sq mi)|
|Website||Shire of Ravensthorpe|
The Phillips River Road District was gazetted on 9 November 1900. On 1 July 1961, it became the Shire of Ravensthorpe under the Local Government Act 1960, which reformed all remaining road districts into shires.
As of the 2003 election, the Shire is divided into three wards:
- Ravensthorpe Ward (two councillors)
- Hopetoun Ward (two councillors)
- Rural Ward (three councillors)
Towns and localitiesEdit
|Place name||Place #||Street number||Street name||Suburb or town||Co-ordinates||Notes & former names||Photo|
|Metropolitan Hotel||2312||26||Veal Street||Hopetoun||Starboard Cafe & Nautilus Restaurant|
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Ravensthorpe (S)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 26 November 2017.
- "Municipality Boundary Amendments Register" (PDF). Western Australian Electoral Distribution Commission. Retrieved 11 January 2020.
- "Shire of Ravensthorpe Heritage Places". inherit.stateheritage.wa.gov.au. Heritage Council of Western Australia. Retrieved 8 February 2021.
- "Shire of Ravensthorpe State Register of Heritage Places". inherit.stateheritage.wa.gov.au. Heritage Council of Western Australia. Retrieved 8 February 2021.