Shire of Kondinin
The Shire of Kondinin is a local government area in the eastern Wheatbelt region of Western Australia, about 300 kilometres (186 mi) east of the state capital, Perth. The Shire's land area of 7,376 square kilometres (2,848 sq mi) forms a narrow east-west band, located between the Shire of Narembeen to the north and the Shire of Kulin to the south. Its seat of government is the town of Kondinin.
|Shire of Kondinin|
|Population||873 (2016 census)|
|• Density||0.11836/km2 (0.30654/sq mi)|
|Area||7,376 km2 (2,847.9 sq mi)|
|Website||Shire of Kondinin|
The Kondinin Road District was gazetted on 15 May 1925, separating the district from the Roe Road District with effect from 1 July 1925. The first election was held on 5 September 1925, with the first meeting taking place on 12 September 1925.
It was declared a shire ith effect from 1 July 1961 following the passage of the Local Government Act 1960, which reformed all remaining road districts into shires.
The shire was previously divided into four wards, however these were abolished in 2004. All eight councillors sit at large.
Towns and localitiesEdit
- Bill Young, Shire of Kondinin councillor 1954–1967, shire president 1959–1967; later a state MP
|Place name||Place #||Street name||Suburb or town||Co-ordinates||Built||Stateregistered||Notes & former names||Photo|
|Hyden CWA Rooms||10930||1 Marshall Street||Hyden||1950||23 January 2004|
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Kondinin (S)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 28 October 2019.
- "Municipality Boundary Amendments Register" (PDF). Western Australian Electoral Distribution Commission. Retrieved 11 January 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Friday, May 15, 1925" (PDF). Government Gazette of Western Australia. Retrieved 19 January 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "KONDININ ROAD BOARD ELECTION". The West Australian. Western Australia. 8 September 1925. p. 7. Retrieved 19 January 2020 – via Trove.
- "KONDININ ROAD BOARD". Great Southern Leader. Western Australia. 25 September 1925. p. 3. Retrieved 19 January 2020 – via Trove.
- "Shire of Kondinin Heritage Places". inherit.stateheritage.wa.gov.au. Heritage Council of Western Australia. Retrieved 25 March 2021.
- "Shire of Kondinin State Register of Heritage Places". inherit.stateheritage.wa.gov.au. Heritage Council of Western Australia. Retrieved 25 March 2021.
Media related to Shire of Kondinin at Wikimedia Commons