2000 series DMU on a Shiokaze
service at Tadotsu Station in January 2008
- 8000 series 5-, or 8-car tilting EMUs (Okayama - Matsuyama services, coupled with Ishizuchi services)
- 8600 series 5-, 7-, or 8-car tilting EMUs
Past rolling stockEdit
KiHa 181 series DMU on a Shiokaze
service in 1985
- 1972: Shiokaze services start between Takamatsu and Uwajima and between Takamatsu and Matsuyama.
- 1986: KiHa 185 series DMUs introduced, and Shiokaze becomes L Tokkyū service.
- November 1990: 2000 series tilting DMUs introduced.
- July 1992: 8000 series tilting EMUs introduced.
- 15 March 2008: All cars made no-smoking.
- 26 March 2016: 8600 series tilting EMUs to be introduced on four daily round-trip services. 2000 series trains will be withdrawn.
- JR Timetable, August 2008 issue
- "ＪＲ新幹線＆特急列車ファイル" (JR Shinkansen & Limited Express Train File), published 2008 by Kōtsū Shimbun