Shiniuzhai National Geological Park
Shiniuzhai National Geological Park or Pingjiang Shiniuzhai Geopark (石牛寨) is located in Hunan, in Pingjiang County. It is 46 km away from the nearest city of Pingjiang. Shi Nui Zhai is 523 meters above sea level, and occupies a radius of more than 10 square kilometres. It is one of the protected areas of China.
Shiniuzhai National Geological ParkEdit
The origins of the name Shi Niu Zhai come from the boulder that resembles a cattle in the west part of the park. Shi Nui Zhai used to be an important place for military affairs. According to a historian in the western province, Shi Niu Zhai is the last remaining shanzhai of the 48 in Liuyang.
The 3 main attractions of Shiniuzhai includes Ten Miles Cliff (十里绝壁), (Hundred Miles Danxia) 百里丹霞，(Brave Men's Bridge)高空玻璃桥。
The Ten Miles cliff is located at the center of the park, is one of China's biggest Danxia cliffs. The Hundred Miles Danxia is located at the peak of Shi Nui Zhai where one can see the entire landscape of many other Danxia Peaks.
Shi Nui Zhai Park has developed many tourist attractions activities. It has one of the steepest cable car in China; highest and longest suspension bridge in Hunan, the Brave Men's Bridge; Asia's longest zipline.
Brave Men's BridgeEdit
The bridge's body is made up of 2 main steel wires and 6 base steel wires with wooden planks as base. It is the first high altitude glass bottomed bridge built in China. The bridge was originally made of wood but converted to glass in 2014. The new glass bottom was made using glass panes 24mm thick and 25 times the strength of normal glass panels.
The origin of the name Brave Men's Bridge is passed down from word of mouth that anyone that is able to cross the fearsome bridge is a true brave man.
Ten Miles CliffEdit
The Ten Miles Cliff is a cliff located in the Shiniuzhai National Geological park. On the cliff, there is man-made plank structures built to serve as walking paths for the tourist.
- "石牛寨_百度百科". baike.baidu.com. Retrieved 2015-10-20.
- "景区简介_平江石牛寨". www.pjsnz.com. Retrieved 2015-10-20.
- "石牛寨国家地质公园三大奇观". www.shiniuzhai.com. Retrieved 2015-10-20.
- "十里绝壁_平江石牛寨景区". www.51766.com. Retrieved 2015-10-20.
- "石牛寨_百度百科". baike.baidu.com. Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- "China Opens Breathtaking Glass 'Brave Men's' Bridge". TravelPulse. Retrieved 2015-10-20.
- "glass suspension bridge spans between two cliffs in china". designboom | architecture & design magazine. Retrieved 2015-10-20.
- Ryan, Rowena (2015-09-29). "China opens terrifying glass-bottom walkway dubbed 'Brave Men's Bridge'". Fox News. Retrieved 2015-10-20.
- "美媒：中国公园改造"好汉桥" 高180米全透明-中新网". www.chinanews.com. Retrieved 2015-10-20.
- "石牛寨景点介绍——十里绝壁". Retrieved 2015-12-20.