Shia Islamic beliefs and practices
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Ancillaries of the FaithEdit
- Salat "ritual prayer"
- Sawm "Fasting" during the month of Ramadan
- Hajj "pilgrimage" to Mecca
- Zakāt - charitable giving
- Khums - a "Fifth" of specific kinds of income given to charity
- Jihad "struggle"
- Commanding right and forbidding wrong
- Forbidding what is evil
- Tawalla - love of faith and the chosen of God
- Tabarra - disassociation from enemies of the faith and God's chosen.