Shebin Benson (born 27 November 1995) is an Indian film actor who works predominantly in Malayalam film industry. Shebin made his debut in Aashiq Abu movie Idukki Gold in 2013, playing the younger version of Maniyanpilla Raju. Idukki Gold was produced by M Renjith and released on 11 October 2013. Thereafter Shebin was seen in many movies as younger versions of the male leads. Shebin gained more recognition among Malayalam audience through Mammootty starrer Varsham. His first movie as a male lead was Kaly along with a bunch of youngsters.
|Alma mater||SRM Institute of Science and Technology|
|Relatives||Nebish Benson (brother)|
Shebin Benson was born into a Christian Marthoma family in Nilambur as the elder son of Chandy Benson and Sherly Benson. He has a younger brother, Nebish Benson who is also an actor in the Malayalam cinema. Shebin completed his secondary level education at Fatimagiri High School, Nilambur and Marthoma Higher Secondary School, Nilambur. He is a graduate in B.Sc Visual Communication from The SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Shebin applied for the audition of Idukki Gold and was included in the 25 shortlisted actors and got his debut role to play the younger version of Maniyanpilla Raju. Shebin appeared as Ameer alongside Mammootty, Mamta Mohandas and Asha Sarath in the Ranjith Sankar movie Varsham which gained him better recognition among the Malayali audience. Shebin played the role of teenaged Fahadh Faasil in Amal Neerad's Iyobinte Pusthakam along with his brother Nebish Benson which released on 7 November 2014.Later in Santhosh Viswanath's Chirakodinja Kinavukal, Shebin portrayed the childhood of Thayyalkaran played by Kunchacko Boban. He appeared in a music video "Maya" from the band album Blank Planet in 2015. He played the younger Dawood in Inspector Dawood Ibrahim directed by Sajid Yahiya in which Jayasurya played the lead. Shebin played a lead role in Don Max's debut directorial movie 10 Kalpanakal.Shebin was later seen with Asif Ali (actor) in Kaattu. He debuted as a male lead in Kaly along with a group of young actors. Thereafter he was seen as one of the lead actors in Mr. & Ms. Rowdy directed by Jeethu Joseph along with Kalidas Jayaram and Aparna Balamurali and in Paviyettante Madhurachooral along with Sreenivasan and Lena. His debut as an individual hero was in Onnonnara pranayakadha which was directed by Shibu Balan and had Zaya David, Indy Palissery, Vinay Forrt, Sudheer Karamana, Surabhi Lakshmi in lead roles. He also played a key role in Aashiq Abu directed multistarred movie virus (2019 film). His role as "Yahiya" in the movie was widely appreciated. His character as Leen Zacaria in his latest release Evidey directed by KK Rajeev gained him wider recognition among Malayalam audiences and received wide appreciation. He played one of the lead roles along with Manoj K Jayan and Asha Sharath.His upcoming movies are "2 stroke" directed by Roshni Dinaker in which he plays one of the leads along with Sreenath Bhasi and Amith Chakalakkal and Bheeshma Parvam, directed by Amal Neerad along with Mammootty, Soubin Shahir and Sreenath Bhasi.
- AbdulKader, Fathima. "In conversation With the Young Talent Shebin Benson". WtzupCity.com.
- "A mature young actor: Shebin Benson". Deccanchronicle.com. 4 October 2016. Retrieved 31 December 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Shebin Benson Actor Profile and Biography". Cinetrooth.in. Retrieved 31 December 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Shebin Benson (Actor) – Profile". Cochintalkies.com. Retrieved 31 December 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- V.P, Nicy. "Fahadh Faasil's 'Iyobinte Pusthakam' to Hit Theatres on 7 November". International Business Times, India Edition.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-04-13. Retrieved 2017-04-13. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "It's raining films for Shebin". Deccan Chronicle. 13 February 2018.
- "മികച്ച കഥാപാത്രങ്ങൾക്കായ് കാത്തിരിക്കുന്നു - ഷെബിൻ ബെൻസൺ". Madhyamam. 27 July 2019.
- "Shebin Benson". Rotten Tomatoes.
- "Learning the ropes". Deccan Chronicle. 1 September 2017.
- "'Evidey' movie review: A mystery overshadowed by its actors". The New Indian Express. 6 July 2019.
- "Sumesh & Ramesh". The Times of India.
- "Amith Chakalakkal, Sreenath Bhasi in Roshni Dinaker's 2 Stroke". The Times of India. 19 October 2019.
- "Shebin Benson on Instagram: The Book of Bheeshma Next". Instagram. 7 February 2021.