Letchworth, Hertfordshire, England
|Pen name||Robert Neville, Nick Blake, Frank Taylor, Tom Lambert, Samuel P. Bishop, Wolf Kruger, Stefan Rostov, Nick Shadow, Spike T. Adams, Daniel Graves|
|Occupation||novelist, short story writer, screenwriter|
|Genre||Suspense, horror fiction, science fiction, thrillers, fantasy|
|Notable works||Slugs, Spawn, The Terminator (UK film novelization)|
A native of Letchworth Garden City in Hertfordshire, England, Hutson now lives and writes in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire. According to his own official website, Hutson was expelled from school and worked a number of odd jobs from which he was fired, before becoming a professional writer.
Hutson is a die-hard supporter of the Liverpool Football Club.
Hutson began his writing career in the early 1980s with the horror novel The Skull. Although mainly limited to the United Kingdom in terms of publishing, Hutson received exposure in the United States after being profiled by Chas Balun in Fangoria magazine.
Hutson wrote the UK film novelization of The Terminator, which was published in early 1985. In the new millennium, Hutson returned to film adaptations with a series of novelizations of Hammer Film Productions via Random House UK.
Hutson wrote a screenplay for The Figgis Brothers (Jason Figgis & Jonathan Figgis) for their company October Eleven Pictures' feature film titled Box. Shooting was set to commence late Spring 2009. The film apparently remains unproduced.
- sledgehammer series
- The Skull (1982)
- Slugs (1982)
- Spawn (1983)
- Erebus (1984)
- The Terminator (UK novelization - 1984)
- Shadows (1985)
- Breeding Ground (1985)
- Relics (1986)
- Deathday (New York: Leisure Books, 1986), paperback original published as by Robert Neville, LCCN 98-808854; 1987 as by Hutson
- Victims (1987)
- Assassin (1988)
- Nemesis (1989)
- Renegades (1991)
- Captives (1991)
- Heathen (1993)
- Deadhead (1993)
- White Ghost (1994)
- Lucy's Child (1995)
- Stolen Angels (1996)
- Knife Edge (1997)
- Purity (1998)
- Warhol's Prophecy (1999)
- Exit Wounds (2000)
- Compulsion (2001)
- Hybrid (2002)
- Hell to Pay (2003)
- Necessary Evil (2004)
- Twisted Souls (2005)
- The Bumper Book of Lies (2005)
- Dying Words (2006)
- Unmarked Graves (2007)
- Body Count (2008)
- Last Rites (2009)
- Epitaph (2010)
- Twins of Evil (novelization - 2011)
- X the Unknown (novelization - 2012)
- The Revenge of Frankenstein (novelization - 2013)
- Monolith (2015)
- Chase (2017)
-  Archived May 4, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- "Get Writing horror". BBC. 21 October 2004. Archived from the original on 26 January 2011. Retrieved 3 December 2010.
- "Ingrid Pitt Sinks Teeth Into 'Urban Creep' | The Irish Film & Television Network". Iftn.ie. Retrieved 2015-05-07.
- "Shaun Hutson". Fantasticfiction.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-12-01.